[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: caca.png (900KB, 1197x903px) Image search: [Google]
caca.png
900KB, 1197x903px
Have you ever read any Visual Novels such as Fate or Katawa Shoujo?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>9876480
I got memed into reading F/SN. Wish I'd just started with the Anime, what a waste of time.
>>
This is fucking /lit/ not fucking /a/
get out of here with that weeb shit faggots
>>
>>9876511
Try Dies Irae. It's better than F/SN.
>>
>>9876514
VNs actually go on /jp/ and /vg/, not /a/.
>>
>>9876480
I firmly believe that visual novels are the best format.
They have the story depth of a LN, the visuals from manga, the audio from anime, and the interactivity of a game.
They are perfect to me
>>
Steins;Gate. It was pretty good. Had a nice ending.
>>
>>9876480
YUNO
U
N
O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CksDGYA9DUQ
>>
>>9876480
They have a lot of potential as a format, but so far there hasn't been any that have successfully used the format to produce a genuinely literary/artistic (as supposed to commercial/genre) work. I thought KS had a chance due to its independent and non commercial nature, but only Rin's route was anywhere near that level (being about how people interpret/react to art instead of focusing on a cliche romance)
>>
>>9876752
Do you know Japanese?
>>
>>9876752
What visual novels have you played?
>>
Only Otome games
>>
>>9876480
Literally more video game than literature, OP. This is more suitable to /v/ or /a/ than /lit/.

Root Letter was cool though.
>>
I liked saya no uta

But DESU theyre all bad
>>
read the myths instead you fucking brainlet
>>
>>9876844
You can't fuck female King Arthur in the myths though.
>>
>>9876852
no but that lady of the lake always got a wet pussy mhmm nigga
>>
I tried playing Katawa Shoujo and was frustrated by how slow it was. Having to sit through the same bullshit scenes repeatedly and weak set-up premises simply to get more than one thin storyline. I can only imagine they'd appeal to people who read as slowly as the text appears on the screen.
>>
>>9876874
Katawa Shoujo is mediocre as far as VNs go. Regardless, most games should let you change the speed at which the text appears. They'll also have a Skip function so you don't have to read things over and over.
>>
>>9876905
Still pisses me off to have it appear one line at a time.
>>
>>9876915
I can understand that, but It's necessary to fit the text with the changing character illustrations.
>>
I really loved 999, but mostly how it used the DS to make a plot twist.
>>
>>9876925
Maybe, but I don't find the changing illustrations really add much to it either. The music's often nice though.
>>
>>9876967
You could try one in a different format. Some anon mentioned Saya no Uta / Song of Saya earlier. That's written like a novel and shows a "page" of text on screen at a time. You still have to click through to make the paragraphs show up, but IIRC you can set it so that it all just appears instantaneously instead.
>>
>>9876996
I could, but why would I?
>a Lovecraftian horror visual novel ... with erotic content.
I wouldn't choose to read this if it was a novel, why would I read it in a format I'm uncomfortable with?
>>
>>9877008
It's a suggestion. Take it or leave it.
>>
File: 12d.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>9876761
>Four Leaf Studios, the creators of Katawa Shoujo, was made by frequenters of 4chan's /a/ board.
>>
>>9876511
Just watch Fate/Zero, which was written by Gen Urobuchi. Nasu is a terrible writer
>>
>>9876821
>more video game
There is nothing video game about it besides selecting different dialogues.
>>
>>9876874
What do you expect. I believe it was made by people who browse /a/. It's also about handicapped people.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.