[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lit/ I got a new book for my non-fiction collection, is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hi /lit/ I got a new book for my non-fiction collection, is it a good choice? Do you have any other recommendations?
>>
File: IMG_4423.gif (46KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4423.gif
46KB, 500x200px
Adashofash YT it
>>
>>9876434
Um, in English?
>>
>>9876422
Please stop making these threads. Your collection is meh at best.
>>
>>9876461
>Do you have any other recommendations?
>>
>>9876442
Adashofash youtube it
>>
Fuck off. Reminder to sage this idiot's weekly thread.
>>
>>9876477
What does that mean?
>>9876546
Why?
>>
>>9876546
Daily*
>>9876580
Why are you asking /lit/ to fill in your NON-FICTION shelf? non-fic should comprise of shit you WANT to know/learn about. I can give you ideas if you list what you'd like to learn about, but holy shit, ask the right questions. Your shelf now consists of memes and random shit that doesn't suggest what it is you're trying to learn about.
>"I want to learn about everything"
You're retarded.
>>
>>9876612
>non-fic should comprise of shit you WANT to know/learn about
And that's why I'm asking
>ask the right questions
What else would you recommend based on what's there?
>memes and random shit
Which ones?
>>
>>9876612
Every time you respond is another opportunity for OP to bump this.
>>
>>9876422
Do
Not
Ask
Some
Fucked
Website
For
Advice
About
What
You
Should
Or
Should
Not
Read.
>>
>>9876624
Sorry, but holy shit, OP is a retard.
>>9876629
This. Especially as it pertains to non-fiction. Fucking read what you want and draw your own conclusions. Fucking hell, learn how to think for Christ's fucking sake. If you're unironically asking this, learn how to read before reading about how to think.
>>
>we cannot recommend similar works on the same or similar subjects
>you have to somehow figure it out yourself
How and Why?
>>
>>9876422
I didn't see the Greeks at the top right corner last time I saw this picture. I'm glad to see that /lit/ has rubbed a bit of it's patrician taste on to you.

The main theme of your collection seems to be history, violence and politics. In that vein, I'd recommend four works. The first of these, towering well above the rest, is the "Complete Works and Others" by Nicollo Machiavelli, translated by Allan Gilbert in three volumes.

Machiavelli is a tremendously misunderstood thinker, which is mostly due to a partial exposure to his ideas by means of exclusively reading The Prince, and doing so selectively at that, more often than not in a flawed translation.

Machiavelli is a beast with a formidable insight into the drives of men and the world of politics. I cannot praise his genious high enough. For your interests in particular, he will also give you an excellent exposure to that militant Roman blood, which brings me to my next suggestions.

>The History of Rome, Livy
>The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Edward Gibbon
>Considerations on the Causes of the Greatness of the Romans and their Decline, Montesquieu
>>
>>9877069
very bad threads sometimes produce good posts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.