[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a patrician? I wish to put aside the manchild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-JohannHinrichGossler.jpg (14KB, 220x244px) Image search: [Google]
220px-JohannHinrichGossler.jpg
14KB, 220x244px
How do I become a patrician? I wish to put aside the manchild I am and become someone more. What should I read? What should I do? I have already started with the Greeks but I want to go beyond philosophy.
>>
File: Portrait_of_Stéphane_Mallarmé.jpg (72KB, 401x550px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_Stéphane_Mallarmé.jpg
72KB, 401x550px
>>9875765
I have already read the Greeks.

ftfy

idk Goethe?
>>
Keep on the path. If you want to get out of philosophy, read the greek tragedies, the epics from roman empire.
Follow the timeline the sameway you would do with philosophy..
>>
>>9875786

I say I have started with the Greek as I haven't finished them yet.

>>9875816

Roger that.
>>
Plebs cannot become patricians, it's something you're born into. Sorry.
>>
>>9875765
Immerse yourself in analytic metaphysics and drop every other branch of philosophy. The patrician leads an intellectual life of pure thought and leisure, unconcerned with practical matters.
>>
>>9876030

Recommendations?
>>
>>9876120
Empiricism and the Philosophy of Mind - Sellars
Two Dogmas of Empiricism - Quine
On What There Is - Quine
Philosophical Investigations - Wittgenstein
Individuals: An Essay in Descriptive Metaphysics - Strawson
On The Plurality of Worlds - Lewis
Naming and Necessity - Kripke
>>
>>9876030
They that live a life of pure thought and liesure goes to their grave having left no mark on the Earth or others' lives, their existence in the temporal sphere barely a thought unto itself but an inconsequential and forgotten dream.
>>
>>9876196
Why do you feel the compulsion to justify your existence to others and history?
>>
>>9876209
Existence does not need to be justified, but actions can be weighed and valued. Liesure in moderation refreshes the body and mind and lightens the spirit, as work and practicality sharpens the body and mind and tempers the spirit with endurance and strength.
Saying life should be purely intellectual and liesurely or purely disciplinarian and grounded is like saying someone should live either only awake or asleep until they die, or spend their whole lives with their eyes opened or closed, or hopping on just the right foot or the left and never walking.
And even if you try to live a purely liesurely life, it's chasing the horizon line to escape night and live in only day. It fails and you'll be dragged unprepared into the worst sort of darkness.
>>
>>9875765
The Bible.
>>
>>9876187

Ordering now. What do you suggest I start with?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.