[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the last great philosopher?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1OU2mfw.jpg (308KB, 1198x2331px) Image search: [Google]
1OU2mfw.jpg
308KB, 1198x2331px
Who was the last great philosopher?
>>
aristotle
>>
I unironically think Nick Land qualifies as an INTERESTING philosopher, if nothing else. Sure, he may be wrong about a lot, but there are plenty of philosophers worth studying who were wrong about a lot.
>>
Timothy Leary
>>
>>9875719
heidegger
>>
>>9875719
Me
>>
>>9875737
i agree. cant beat the OG
>>
File: 1493869199146.jpg (981KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493869199146.jpg
981KB, 1920x1080px
>>9875719
jordan peterson
>>
>>9875719
There has never been a great philosopher
>>
>mohammedanism

thank god someone use the correct term for this ideologu
>>
>>9875719

McLuhan
>>
>>9875838
Is he a philosopher though? I always thought he was more of an interpreter of past wisdom to a wider audience in the same way alan watts was with eastern philosophy. I mean dont get me wrong I think he is great, but he isnt really presenting too many original ideas.
>>
>>9877097
First and foremost he is a psychologist, so yes he is a philosopher.
>>
File: 1478352096239.png (123KB, 370x362px) Image search: [Google]
1478352096239.png
123KB, 370x362px
>>9875719
To become 'great' in measure of ideological success the best measure is certainly associated with their ideas impact on the course of history
How much the course of history had on the development of that persons ideas is immeasurable itself - but we have to ask ourselves, who meets the criteria of global impact (greatness) and recency (latest)

One could look at contemporary pop philosophers like Zizek or Peterson but their impact is limited and we can expect it to stay so
We could also look at the classic authors this board discusses like Nietzsche and Marx, and they're certainly 'great philosophers' with global impact but are they really the latest?

Look at the world today - what ideological perspectives are most prevalent and also originating from at least the 20th century? I think the answer is clear

it's facebook meme page admins
>>
>>9875719
>the one true religion
>absolutely bananas tier
Pottery.
>>
>>9875719
Fritz Perls
>>
>>9877136
Banana tier is Protestantism/fedoraism/judaizerism. Sort of like the Orthodox jews and their law, or likewise, their lawlessness. Always one or the other.
>>
If Catholicism is at the top then Protestantism should be at the bottom (as it should be.)
>>
>>9875719
Asimov defined so much of what we defined about robots, and how we interact with non-organic entities that I'd argue he counts as an interesting philosopher.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.