[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watches videodrome once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3978.jpg (181KB, 529x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3978.jpg
181KB, 529x705px
>watches videodrome once
>>
>>9873683
>Understands Cronenburg, understands the work.
>>
>>9873683
btw anyone read Cronenberg's book? it's alright. Shades of DeLillo and Pynch mixed with his body horror.
>>
>>9873742
>Shades of DeLillo and Pynch

I like this new meme where any absurdist literature is called Pynchonesque
>>
>>9873683
no

>watches network once
>>
>>9873751
I said shades, calm down anon.
>>
>>9873859
pleb
>>
Cronenberg isnt a great director.
>>
>>9873946
He once was though. Most of his body horror stuff is kino.he really went to shit when he stopped adapting Burroughs and Ballard and started adapting Bruce fucking Wagner.
>>
>>9874078
I don't know much about Cronenberg, but Eastern Promises was great and that was one of his contemporary films, right?

At least that film mantained his body horror in some sense, in a far subtler way (the naked fight for example)
>>
>steals from McLuhan once

so......THIS is the water
>>
God, I'm imagining what I would think seeing someone dress like that...

Really shows how shitty the literary establishment is atm, when this faggot is glorified, hopefully soon people will come to realize that his essays and short stories were alright but IJ and the other novels are shit
>>
>>9874111
Eastern promises is great. There would have been a sequel as well but some studio head didn't like the idea
>>
>stoop kid sits on stoop
>>
File: meme_of_the_year.png (215KB, 474x350px) Image search: [Google]
meme_of_the_year.png
215KB, 474x350px
>>9873683

I was a student of his. He kept trying to trade us copies of his books for weed. He took us to his volvo and he had a trunk full of Infinite Jest novels and Infinite Jest T-Shirts, neither of which he could find a trade partner for, although some of the kiss-ass students bought a copy of the novel.

He apparently wanted to add IJ to the curriculum, but there was a policy against teachers adding their own commercial literature to the study list. I can only imagine what that class would be like.
>>
>>9874715

>"I don't appear on a television screen, unless I appear ON a television screen."

Videodrome was hilarious
>>
>>9873946
I like his older work (Scanners, Videodrome) but his post-2000 stuff doesn't do anything for me. A History of Violence felt like an R rated tv movie.
>>
>>9876637
>Infinite Jest T-Shirts sold by Deefwuh himself
You should have bought a dozen on the condition that he sign them with an original witty remark about water. They'd be worth a fortune by now.
>>
>>9876637
I don't believe you but it definitely feels right. I don't get why people think dfw was any better than any other writer.
>>
>>9873683
do americans really dress and sit like this?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (66KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
66KB, 375x281px
>>9876951
ye
>>
>>9873873
He sounds pretty calm desu
>>
>>9875067
>The way this person dresses shows how shitty the literary establishment is atm
Fucking materialist
>>
>>9873683
What did he wear the bandana?
>>
>>9876989
i love this meme, was instrumental in its creation. well part of it. i had a different version of it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.