[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huxley vs. Orwell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: huxley vs. orwell.png (27KB, 760x385px) Image search: [Google]
huxley vs. orwell.png
27KB, 760x385px
Who wrote a greater depiction of dystopia?
>>
Do your own homework.
>>
>>9873397
Huxley seems more likely to actually happen,but orwell's world has more character imo.
>>
>>9873408
I always thought Orwell's dystopia in 1984 seemed more "in your face"

while Huxley's had a more subtle approach to it
>>
The ironic things about "Brave New World" is that Huxley states in the preface that after the chaos of the 1920's? he actually thinks the world in the book is a type of utopia.

Modern commentators have called it a dystopia, and the protagonist in the book rejects the world thinking that it is a dystopia. However, Huxley must mean this ironically. Although when I read it I didnt get this impression REEEEEEEEEEE

His comments in his preface have confused me ever since
>>
Sinclair Lewis
>>
The interesting thing about Orwell's depiction, it could be considered a utopia for some. Chew on that for awhile .
>>
I see the dystopian aspect of BNW, but it is as close to a utopia as we are likely to get. Everyone is happy, and those who aren't have the option to go to the res or to the island to be with other dissenters. I mean, freedom of thought isn't a priority in their society, but most people are living in peace, despite the social dynamic.
>>
The Hunger Games
>>
>>9873499
I know it's a joke, but it bugs me when people say that this is a dystopian book. Isn't the premise of a dystopia supposed to be that it appears as though it is a utopia? Maybe it is for people in the capital, but there isn't any facade over how shitty it is for people in the districts.
>>
>inb4 faggots saying We
it's pretty good, but I feel 1984 is the better book
>>
>>9873496
Freedom of thought in general is not a priority in any society. It's just common sense from a biological perspective. In any community most people are working hand. They don't need or have to think too hard about things to be happy.
>>
>>9873428
But brave new world describes a utopia in some sense. We all have a purpose, we all have a place. We don't get sick or ill, or even old, and sex is casual.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.