[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dude all characters in myths are like... psychological states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

>Dude all characters in myths are like... psychological states man and like it's all about conquering chaos bro

lmfao
>>
>>9872372
>dude leftists are like pathological, don't even listen to them
>also they suck because they always play the identity card, and they are not willing to listen to other people's opinions!

Classic Jordan "The scam is on" Peterson
>>
He's teaching idiots a lot of helpful stuff. Get off your high horse
>>
>Whenever people write something everything they write is literally the exact meaning of what it says XD XD!
>Le curtains were fucking blue.
>Le subconscious mind doesn't exist and it plays no role in what the author writes.
>Nothing about the author, the characters, psychological states, subconscious can be discerned from the text and even minor sentences.

How to stop a brainlet: the post.
>>
>>9872391
>le metaphors mean whatever -I- want them to mean
>>
>>9872386
>tfw the bar is set this low on /lit/
>>
>>9872391
>>Whenever people write something everything they write is literally the exact meaning of what it says XD XD!
>>we have direct access to the mind of the author
brainlet running wild over here
>>
He's not just making this shit up, people have been writing about it for a long time, sorry that /lit/ has only heard about interpreting myth this way now. Besides, would you rather have Peterson's interpretation of myth, or the shitty "here are some fun stories!" version you were half-heartedly force-fed in 6th grade history? Or, you know, the other alternative: nothing.
>>
>>9872403
Where's your standard set, einstein?
>>
>>9872377
postmodernist cultural neomarxist beta cucc leftist detected
why not sort yourself out bucko instead of going back to your buzzword-ridden echochamber clean your room kid
>>
>>9872411
>there are only three interpretations
This is what redditors actually believe.

Gnostics are disgusting
>>
>>9872526
>posts on 4chan
>says shit like "postmodernist cultural neomarxist beta cucc leftist detected"
>hates buzzwords and echo chambers
Buddy.
>>
>>9872372
>dude i just reduced a complex book to one line of greentext because my mind only operates in meme potential

whoa...
>>
>>9872526
Nice try, Peterson refuses to name the Jew so he'll aways be a Nu-male cuck like the rest of the reddit pantheon
>>
>>9872411
>Peterson's interpretation is right or you can't have any interpretations

Literally cult tier
>>
sometimes positivism is just sooo enticing
>>
>>9872536
I think that was probably the joke senpai
>>
Yeah but who has actually read it though?
>>
>>9872851
Certainly not academics.
>>
File: MFpBB5h.jpg (200KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
MFpBB5h.jpg
200KB, 1072x1440px
>>9872851
This guy
>>
>>9872536
>not noticing that the anon was referencing Peterson's vocabulary

wew lad
>>
>>9872526
how does one sort oneself out though?
>>
>>9872372
So basically this with added self-help?
>>
>>9872927
by donating five buckaroos to the patreon every month bucko
that's something called "an obligation", a small one, from which you can build bigger and bigger obligations
>>
>>9872929
It's a whole composite of Campbell, Jung, Nietzsche, Eliade, Kierkegaard, Heideggaer and Piaget + more that I can't call to mind.
It's not self-helpy at all. It's dense and moves in a circular manner around a topic over and over to drill the point progressing slowly forward.

He takes the ideas from those authors (giving credit) and strings it together into his reading of them in relation to each other. Primarily insofar as mythology, phenomenology and psychology is concerned.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 974x796px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 974x796px
>>9872983
If you say 60$ you can hang out for 1 hour with the cult-master and some of his acolytes!
>>
>>9873003
AHAHAHA FUCK ME
god damn I want a video of these spergs with their lord and master
maybe he starts crying again
>>
>>9873003
>tfw there are probably "regulars" who costantly donate to JP to join these video chats as often as possible
>tfw they probably regard it as education too
>>
You guys are smart enough to point out some of his flaws, but not nearly as educated as him lol
>>
>>9873061

There's not even really pointing out his flaws, just sniping people for donating to him.
Unless if you consider accepting donations as a flaw for some bizarre reason.
Sounds a whole hell of a lot like
>RESENTMENT
>E
>S
>E
>N
>T
>M
>E
>N
>T
>>
>>9872992
Is Maps of Meaning worth a read as an intro to those writers? Or would it be better to read their work first, and then Peterson's interpretation afterwards?
>>
>>9873061
>his ideas may be stale, unoriginal and shallow, but at least he is educated
>also Peterson should not interact with educated people, and if you suggest that his lack of sources, qualifications and debates is troubling, you are just a mad last man who has not coeaned his room
>>
>>9873080
No, it's not an anthology nor a history of philosophy
>>
>>9872916
really nice suit.
>>
>>9873053
Read "one-time"
Unless of course theyre making new accounts to bypass this dilemma.
>>
ITT:
>you don't like my cult leader? LOL ur just resentful
>>
>>9873080
I thought it was interesting to read but it's not detached enough from Peterson's perspective to be a synoptic outline of others' ideas. People's issue with Peterson here is his audience and that he's not intellectually pure enough for them so cue some screeching.

I assume you are a reasonable person who can judge something on it's own merit without being magically brainwashed like some might expect you are somehow at threat of.
He gives MoM out for free on his website if you just google the PDF. Have a look and if you don't like it toss it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.