[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /slow reader with OCD and ADHD/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Who /slow reader with OCD and ADHD/ here?
>>
same

>need to turn the page 47 times every time
>forget count halfway through and have to start again
>>
>re-read paragraphs for no reason
>constantly re-adjusting my reading lamp
>>
>>9871783
I didn't use the internet for a month and I could read novels so much easier
>>
>>9871857
Rehab or timeout?
>>
>>9871857
i always think about going for a month or more without technology like laptop/computer but the idea gives me anxiety for falling behind in the word, missing notices or bills or emails that have to be tended to, losing contact with people, missing big newest etcetera, i'm brainwashed but that's the way it is. can't be wasting time
>>
>>9871875
Just didn't feel like using it at all. Really there's no reason to use any internet or electronic media for myself personally since I don't work and I find it to be damaging to your mental state in order to both consume and create great works of art...I mean if Shakespeare could create the finest works of all time in his relatively meagre conditions compared to today then why the fuck do I need all this stuff, it's just a puerile distraction, a true man should focus on one thing and one thing only.
>>
>>9871889
Cuck
>>
>>9871885
yeah it must suck if you actually have things to do on there you cant really escape it in the modern world all schools and jobs require you to have an email of some sort..like i said i dont work though (rich parents) so no excuse for me. anyway, if you do get the chance to go without for a while i highly recommend it honestly the difference is extremely noticeable and the mental state is far superior as far as all literary endeavors go.
>>
>>9871889
I admire your self-control. It's a pretty useful tool for writing, though. Did you accomplish what you were hoping to?
>>
>>9871893
oo Cuckoo
>>
>>9871899
Yeah, I did I'm about to go off again soon I just came back to research a few things and got side-tracked. Yeah, I actually like to write by hand I've considered getting a typewriter but I wouldnt know how to work it. As far as selfcontrol goes I dont want to seem like an old man or something but the internet, pretty much all electronic media is highly addictive. Seriously just go to any college campus and whatnot everyone is constantly on their phone or laptop and I'm sure everyone knows some old relative of theirs who watches television for hours upon hours a day. Anyway I'll admit i'm a bit of a luddite but I think history will ultimately prove Ellul, Mcluhan, and other technological pessimists correct but it's true that there's really nothing you can do if you want to be integrated in society I'm fairly schizoidal and have no desire for social relationships of any sort.. Good luck with whatever you do, I'm someone who says fuck "moderation" and takes things to the extreme, but even if you cant get off the net completely perhaps you could try to reduce it as much as possible.
>>
>>9871889
There is zero doubt in my mind that if Shakespeare were alive today he'd be writing for the internet.
>>
>>9871889
additionally this a great post by the prophet BAP (pbuh) on how modern society obscures the preconditions for greatness: https://salo-forum.com/index.php?threads/paolo-uccello-portrait-of-a-renaissance-sperg.1548/#post-6879
>>
OCD fucks me, but not when I'm reading. Just when I'm thinking about what or when I'm going to read. I really have the sensation that I should read at opportune times when I can really involve myself in the book and when my experience won't be interrupted or degraded. The distinction between what "normal me" would be and the mental ill stuff is difficult, if it exists at all.

I also have trouble bringing myself to read more than one book at a time, and more distressingly; I'm too scared to risk experimenting with it to see whether it would improve or disturb my reading comprehension/enjoyment/retention/whatever.
>>
fuck, that's me exactly. how did you know?
>>
>>9871783

Me. Without medications, reading is extremely difficult. I have to re-read things because my minds wanderers very quickly, and not only that, certain lights tend to distract me, too. Over-sensory stimulation fucks with my head and my mood. And I can't sit for more than 10-20 mins; my legs start shaking up and down and I get an serious urge to get up and start running around my room for no particular reason. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, OCD, and ADHD. The thing is, my mind is racing 24/7 with thoughts at speed of light, and medications are the only thing that calm down my mind. I've started to read from the last year, and I am so happy for the first time in my life I have finished more than 10 books. I've made some progress.

>>9871857

I tried that. Didn't use internet for 3 months straight. It didn't help.
>>
>>9871783
Start with 10 pages a day and just increase the number of pages you read gradually from there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.