[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book will make me less lazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 15023201649361809778030.jpg (89KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
15023201649361809778030.jpg
89KB, 1200x1600px
What book will make me less lazy
>>
>>9870498
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>>
Getting off your ass helps
>>
I'd like to read something that could change my life in this way too.
How can I stop being a procrastinator?
>>
>>9870501
I've never understood why anyone thinks this is good. It's always
"Get up and do such and such because it's noble'
Fucking being noble as a reason to do shit I need good reasons or I'm not doing it
>>
File: 1500502195865.jpg (645KB, 1920x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1500502195865.jpg
645KB, 1920x1433px
>>9870535
There is no other reason.
>>
>>9870498
I think the basic idea is you have to do things that are as good as possible that you believe in and that is like fuel that will stop you from being lazy.

The problem is actually getting to the point where anything feels like it is worth doing.
>>
I've read 400 books & I'm still lazy. The answer is not in a book. Flee from this place. Save yourself before it's too late.
>>
Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov
>>
As a TED talk on procrastination and some of the wisdom of Theravada Buddhism has taught me, the best cure for laziness is pondering your oncoming death.

Of course, that could send you off into a kamikaze, self-destructive spiral. But once you get past that basic sense of the futility of life, you end up concluding that, if there are things that you want/need to do in life, you're going to have to do them when you're most able.

If you *can* do something that you want to do, then you should do it because you will die one day or, rather, you will grow old or weak, and you will regret the fact that you were a lazy piece of shit.

So remember: you're going to die. This is not a theoretical statement. You are going to die.
>>
>>9870498
Nothing will make you less lazy. Laziness is essentially a personality trait. People who are hardworking/busy are that way because they feel bad/anxious when not doing anything.

Best thing you can do is try to follow a routine, but if you're a lazy person you'll fall out of that habit pretty quickly.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.