[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images-6.jpg (24KB, 469x314px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
24KB, 469x314px
wtf
>>
>>9870231
wtf I hate Satan now
>>
Great book. Don't take it literally. It's required that you read the Book of Daniel before this as it draws heavily on its imagery.
>>
Daily reminder that this book was written by a near-illiterate.
>>
>>9870231

>12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

>13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

>14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

>15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

>16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

>17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This book is a trip.
>>
>>9870231
It's a sublime work, and incredibly metal.
>>
>>9871182
Are you saying that the fact that the book is written by an uneducated fisherman is clearly seen due to its poor quality?

Or that the writing is far beyond the capabilities of the author?
>>
>>9870231
Something tells me Revelation is a lengthy, sarcastic shitpost that somehow was taken seriously and ended up in the Bible itself.
>>
https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4998/t/the-usa-in-bible-prophecy
>>
>>9871305
>the Papal antichrist
Get this meme protestant drivel out of here.
>>
>>9871320
It's actually hard to deny that the Roman church-state is the Antichrist. Shame that 90% of protestants today don't hold this belief, even though virtually all the protestant fathers did.
>>
>>9871369
>It's actually hard to deny that the Roman church-state is the Antichrist
Apocalypse writing is a genre of literature that adheres to certain conventions. They usually do not foretell the future but describe either the present or the past using stand in symbols. At the time of its writing their was not Roman church-state. It's clear from the use of the symbols that talk of Babylon refers to Rome and the antichrist is Nero.
There is no modern academic writings (nor could there be) which lead credence to the idea that the author could see into the future and wrote about the not yet existent Roman church state.
>>
>>9871412
Revelation 1:19

This book is clearly written about future events. If you're not a Christian and don't believe in prophecy, then this discussion is meaningless.
>>
>>9871451
Even if I'm not a Christian and don't believe in prophecy doesn't change the fact that apocalyptic writing is a genre of literature that have a shared language that involves writing about the past and present as if it were prophecy. This is not something in dispute in academia.
I'm not saying the author is not trying to predict the future, as much of that is what the book is about but the majority consensus among modern biblical scholars is that in regards to the elements you are talking about (a denouncing of a Roman Catholic church) is untrue and that it is a denouncement of Rome at the time that is taking place.
The book only clearly looks like everything is about future events is because you are unfamiliar with the conventions of the genre the work is written in and are too far removed from the time and place (and are also far from the intended audience) for the work. For a work such as this you can't go with an immediate gut reaction. You need to do a lot of research so you have the tools necessary to begin to understand such an incredibly alien piece of work.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.