[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to find out more /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: sadasdasd.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sadasdasd.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Are there any books that help with understanding the reality of free will of man? Is our destiny written before we are even born, or do our choices really influence and make a difference in the long run? I had a friend of mine ,aged just 19, die and then it struck me. If people can shape their own lives according to their will, would anyone choose to die? Maybe it was a really unfortunate event, but i can't help but wonder if we really have controls over our lives?
>>
there is noi free wull
welcome ti the rela world kid
>>
>>9870083
No shit people have free will. In the moment of a decision, you have multiple paths to take based on your thought processes. Philosophically, you can say that all your actions leading up to your death were 'predetermined'. But you are ultimately the master of your own destiny. The present is malleable, our actions shape its form. Technically you can say once it happened it was inevitable, but you'd be a moron to believe your fate is entirely in the hands of your own actions.

I can imagine a hypothetical group of rapists and murderers pleaing: "It was my predestined fate to kill those people, I had no choice in the matter!" Lel
>>
File: 1484063215308.png (469KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1484063215308.png
469KB, 480x608px
>>9870083
if you need an answer, you're not going to get one. pic related desu
>>
i mean the frogs on your hard drive say you dont have freewill in that context.
>>
>>9870083
>>9870166
I've always felt determinism to be better used when explaining something that has already happened because I get hella confused when I think of how the knowledge of that everything is deterimined would influence the illusion of free choice. You get what I mean?

If I in situation a don't have the knowledge I might spend more time with the decision of what to do than I would in situation b, where I have the knowledge, which would result in different outcomes based on the knowledge of that the choice exists or not
>>
>>9870083
Free will is real desu, its not something you can prove though, only felt. The only proof you can give is that our entire psychology and inter-personal relationships are grounded on the idea that we are responsible for our actions. Without it nothing makes any sense.
>>
>>9870514
*feel
>>
>>9870514
>Without it nothing makes any sense.
guess what...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.