[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Podcasts/Audio in general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: heidegger-crop.jpg (356KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
heidegger-crop.jpg
356KB, 1024x768px
Good morning /lit/.

I'm currently at my boring office job and I'd like to listen to some good podcasts or lectures (that only require audio). I'm mostly interested in contemporary philosophy (both continental and analytic)

What can you guys recommend me?

Also, general podcast/youtube/audio lectures as a new media discussion thread.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Lectures and talks on basics of philosophy:

Rick Roderick rickroderick.org

Some guy who was with the The Teaching Company, covers broad range of topics and philosophers, he even reaches up to 20th century thinkers like Derrida!

Bryan Magee's The great philosophers TV series (1987) *

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFF9E7ADD88FBA144

Bryan Magee in discussion with famous philosophers and scholars like Searle, Marcuse, Ayer etc in a 45 minute tv program about the history of Western Philosophy.

NOTE: The link above above includes some parts of the TV series Men of Ideas also hosted by Bryan Magee but I am unable to find the full version of Men of Ideas online, anyways heres the imdb pages:

imdb.com/title/tt1046679

imdb.com/title/tt1043128

Gregory B. Sadler lectures youtube.com/channel/UCEtxsMx4qsoitFwjBdLU_gA

Some professor decided to upload some of his lectures to youtube, haven't watched much of his videos but his introductory videos are fine. There's even a lecture where he has a lecture with freshmen where he explains the philosophical terms listed above.

Partially Examined life partiallyexaminedlife.com

A philosophy podcast that's not pleb at all (Keep reading to the purple text below for more info)

Historyofphilosophy http://www.historyofphilosophy.net/

Focuses on lesser known philosophers, without any gaps.
>>
>>9868241
https://leostrausscenter.uchicago.edu/courses
>>
>>9868241
Cum Town with Professor Nick Mullen
>>
In our time podcasts
>>
>>9868241
Entitled Opinions
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.