[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>grandpa read books in church slavonic without any problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1495180971201s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495180971201s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>grandpa read books in church slavonic without any problems
>i have to read a single paragraph in english ten times because my mind and attention span are fucked and i keep fidgeting
>>
I know, it fucking sucks. I'm 19 and parents put no discipline on any kind of technology. Listening to rain helps me read though books and keeps my mind focused.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo8CHurCpY
>>
>>9868255
>though
tough
>>
I normally listen to sacred music while I read, stuff like Adagio for Strings with Agnus Dei, or perhaps russian orthodox choirs, as an example.
Or maybe something like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak_p3Oqov08&t=787s
depending on the book
>>
>>9867971
Yeah, it sucks. I wonder what one could do to increase attention span. Perhaps just watch less TV, but that's something not to do.

What could I do to increase attention span? Just read more? Read books or articles? Would reading a newspaper help? Perhaps not--those articles are meant to be brief to prevent the reader's attention from wandering. I suppose the answer is to read books. Should I read dry books that I don't enjoy precisely to train my brain, or will reading books that are challenging, but very enjoyable, help too?
>>
>>9868518
I think you need to take a deep breath and realize that the book is an end in and of itself and not just merely an means to a different end of fulfilling your desire to read. When you're about to read, deliberately draw yourself into a calm state of mind and just enjoy the book. Eventually you'll get used to reading in this state of mind, but when you're worrying about your attention span you're too focused on things other than the book. Turn off your phone; don't worry about how fast you're reading and just read. If you feel yourself becoming distracted, be aware of this distraction and take another deep breath while continuing to read. Even if you need to read an easier work of fiction that is more prone to holding your attention, I believe that it is conducive to getting acclimated to being calm through future and more difficult endeavors. Try some decent sci-fi or fantasy, or maybe something like Inherent Vice. Good luck anon!
>>
>>9868255
thanks for the audio bruh
>>
>>9868518
Just start somewhere. Who cares if some autist on a mongolian basket weaving forum calls you plebeian? Most people can't just jump into books. Reading is in similar to a skill in that the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Eventually you won't be reading plebshit, but at you first you may have to in order to find that enjoyment in reading.
>>
>>9867971
>>9868558
>this
also, i'd like to recommend the chronicles of narnia for easy, fulfilling fiction that will keep your attention. Even though they're kids books, they really are great
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.