[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johnny Got His Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: johnny-got-his-gun.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
johnny-got-his-gun.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
I'm thinking about reading this one but I'm afraid of wasting my time with communist propaganda. Is this just a piece of commie propaganda or is it good?
>>
this alt right indoctrination meme is getting out of hand
>>
>>9866974
What you mean?
>>
It's really good for a "war story". I use that term loosely as the story in this case is much less important than the imagery. Much better than actual propaganda like All Quiet on the Western Front
>>
>>9866987
>a voice from the losing side about how shitty the war was for them is propaganda
>>
It's the greatest horror story proposition ever.
>>
>dude FUCK war
>by the way fight a class war
>>
>>9866948
It's a miserable and depressive book by a miserable and depressive man.

Cynicism about the horrors of life doesn't need to be depressive. La Rochefoucauld, for example, does not look away, but also does not give a fuck.
>>
>>9866989

>Remarque's harshest critics, in turn, were his countrymen, many of whom felt the book denigrated the German war effort, and that Remarque had exaggerated the horrors of war to further his pacifist agenda.

It did have that melodramatic and overwrought feel that a lot of propaganda has.
>>
>>9867333
>melodramatic and overwrought
it's a novel not a piece of journalism.
>not enjoying the war is propaganda
>>
>>9867341

It's a shitty novel. Remarque barely saw the war, and his own comrades criticized his depiction of it.

Compare Remarque to Junger, who took part in some of the fiercest fighting and won the Pour Le Merite. If anyone had a right to make sweeping statements about war, it was him.
>>
>>9867354
youre a faggot
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.