[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optimistic Nihilism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: frenchboulderman.jpg (9KB, 200x249px) Image search: [Google]
frenchboulderman.jpg
9KB, 200x249px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

Wow...profound.
>>
is this kind of pseud culture new or has studying philosophy at uni just made me aware of it
>>
>>9866792
you aint seen nothin yet..
>>
Nihilism is for the kids. So expect it to be popular on Reddit.
>>
>>9866792
It's the hip trend of promoting juvenile nihilism while also appearing le deep and epic. Just look at how "God is Dead" has been incorporated into the popular lexicon. Depression is now funny and relatable. As if the cancer of pop-history and pop-science wasn't enough, the disease has now spread to philosophy.
>>
>>9866822
bloody neomarxists! kill yourself
>>
>>9866788
>we are all going to die and life is really short so just try to make it good while you can!
thanks for the very helpful information, I've never thought of that before
>>
>>9866788
>No reason not to Live as happy as possible
>bonus points for making people happy and contributing to society

So if I believe in this the only reason I don't become a completely druged up degenerate is for 'bonus points'.
I shouldn't murder because I will lose in an arbitrary joke point system.
>>
>>9866835
>implying that people don't want mental illnesses so they can point to that and say "see!? I'm not successful because my brain is wrong. I can't get a job because my unique brain can't hack it, that's why I gotta watch cartoons all day and pretend I'm a kid!"
>>
Of course, he's a STEMsperg. Insufferable child.

One cannot reject meaning and claim objectivity. Those two bombs should have gone to those *nglos.
>>
>>9866788
'making purpose' is nonsense. The purpose itself lacks purpose. Humanist nonsense.
>>
>>9866788
the deeper message is internally feeling nihilism to your core, but projecting optimism.
This either pacifies the normies, creates a world that is easier for you to achieve your goals, or becomes the constant struggle you need in the face of meaninglessness.

if you don't contradict yourself, you will conform to your own tastes.
>>
>>9867499
It's literally just 6 minutes explaining the concept of YOLO, try harder
>>
>>9867499
Self-contradiction is self-expression.
>>
This is something that I thought I came up with when I was fucking 12 years old. Called it by exactly the same name.
>>
>>9867509
I'm not saying that video is helpful or correct, but optimistic nihilism could have it's place.

>>9867511
and what's your point?
that's not even necessarily true.
>>
>>9867520
'optimistic nihilism' has no place because it's fucking piss.

Self-contradiction is self-expression. Rejection of dualism (what fuels 'optimistic nihilism') opens infinite possibilities for expression.
>>
>>9867520
>optimistic nihilism could have it's place.
It has had its place for over a century. It's called existentialism, you dummy.
>>
>>9867524
yeah that's my point.
you can contradict yourself without prescribing to dualism.
there are many ways to contradict one's self.
when that happens, the expression and the interpretation will never line up with what might actually be.
>>
>>9867534
You're illiterate, good job, Letzter Mensch.
No, contradiction inherently presumes dualism.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.