[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 197213672896635.jpg (23KB, 542x441px) Image search: [Google]
197213672896635.jpg
23KB, 542x441px
What is the point of reading?
>>
fun
>>
>>9866746
Reading
>>
learning fun stories
>>
What is the point of not reading?
>>
>>9866746
To be better than other people. You learn to articulate yourself better by improving your vocabulary, you learn to be a better story teller (and to an extent, entertainer) and you get to see different perspectives (some of which may be from people who lives hundreds of years ago).
>>
>>9866746

It's a much more promiscuous medium for ideas.

Think about how much money goes into even a cartoon, nevermind a movie or a tv series.

You think they're gonna let Kafka write a screenplay?
>>
>>9866746
sex.FU NF FUN. fun
>>
>>9866746
it's for the transfer of stored information. so you aren't limited to learning only the things your family's elders can remember.

you grew up in a world with a pretty high degree of literacy, so you probably can't understand how incredibly fucking boring life is if you can't read.
>>
To learn minecraft jokes and more about five nights at freddies lore
>>
>>9866813
This
Thank you man, I was trying to read through philosophy (stopped at Aristotle) and some classics but now I don't coz it makes me sad to think that if Aristotle is hard to read, how much more will the others be?? And those posts here on /lit/ that talks about classical novels, I can't even relate to some of it baka I even cry myself to sleep sometimes thinking I'll never be that smart
But what you just said makes me want to try again
>>
>>9866746
there is none

reading is for faggots
>>
To expand your world and cease being lonely emperor/prisoner of your own skull.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.