[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: MalazanBookOfTheFallen.jpg (21KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
MalazanBookOfTheFallen.jpg
21KB, 220x334px
How is it?
>>
>>9863791
Good
>>
Bloated and often tedious. It also peaks with the fourth book and Erikson becomes more and more preachy as the series progresses. But the battles are top notch and it certainly feels epic.
>>
>>9863791
Far and away the best epic fantasy ever written. It gets a little more dense as it goes on, so a lot of people like to say the later books are worse, but I honestly thought it got better towards the end. The Crippled God is an almost perfect ending.
>>
>>9863855
How does it compare to Orlando Furioso, The Worm Ouroboros, The Solar Cycle and Lord of the Rings? You're clearly an expert on the topic.
>>
>>9863879
Haven't read the first two, it's only a little better than the Solar Cycle, but that comes down to opinion. I think The Lord of the Rings is overrated be nostalgialords, it's just a YA fantasy that was incredibly inventive on its time.
>>
>>9863791

garbage like all genre fiction
>>
File: gentlemanbastard[1].jpg (142KB, 1000x503px) Image search: [Google]
gentlemanbastard[1].jpg
142KB, 1000x503px
How is it?
>>
>>9863791
Written by a retard, for retards. >>9863925 is proof.
>>
>>9863791
great. Don't speedread it though or you will join the hordes of brainlets who don't read the poems and then complain about stuff not being explained.
>>
>>9864121
That and use the maps provided.
>>
>>9863818
This, the second third and fourth books stand out then quality drops immensely and in a linear fashion.
>>
>>9863925
my god, malazan readers are constantly reaching new lows of autism
>>
>>9864523
Explain.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.