[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the funniest books in the canon? or just in general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

what are the funniest books in the canon?
or just in general
>>
Don Quixote
A Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>9863177
This.
>>
>>9862633
Tortilla Flat
>>
Troilus and Cressida
>>
>>9862633
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Faggot
>>
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter.
>>
>>9863177
>A Confederacy of Dunces
Hell yeah. I came in just to post this.
>>
>>9862633
Candide is pretty funny. Gargantua and Pantagruel is wonderfully absurd. Also, lots of great plays. Moliere's The Misanthrope and Tartuffe are really funny if performed well.
>>
'funny' books are maybe funny if you're a preening pseudo-intellectual. everybody else gets their humor from healthier places, ie comedians, the internet, television, conversation etc.
>>
>>9862633
The Cyberiad
Waiting For Godot
The Hitchhiker's Trilogy
Pere Ubu
Finnegans Wake
>>
>>9862633
Screw that, just read Tom Sharpe instead.
>>
In addition to those listed here:

Pablo the Swindler by Francisco de Quevedo
The Frogs by Aristophanes
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
Pickwick Papers by Dickens
The Rivals & School for Scandal by Richard Sheridan
Mr Sponge's Sporting Tour by Surtees
Diary of a Nobody by Grossmith Bros
>>
>>9863310
Why are you here? Also what makes one source of comedy "healthy" and others unhealthy, you are a silly man.
>>
>>9862633
the trial
the castle
american psycho
>>
>>9862633
Anything by Flann O'Brian.
>>
>>9863310
>comedians
So I was watching tv the other day when I see ZLIUMPF show up and talk about how trans people can't join the army, UGH, amirite
>the internet
/lit/ averages maybe one funny post a day
>television
less funny than /lit/
>conversation
get out normalfaggot
>>
>>9862633
anything by Saki
>>
>>9863310
> the internet
> meme culture
> lay off the carrots, bugs-posting
> healthy

> reading a good book
> contemplate
> find humour in the everyday absurdities
> unhealthy

Hm nah how about suck a dick
>>
Death on the Installment Plan was hilarious but also pretty gross and dark.
>>
Show me a person who laughs loud at Wodehouse and I'll show you a person even hardcore whovian with tardis collectibles would consider a dork
>>
>>9863310
The only one you got right was the internet. 2/10
>>
>>9863370
>not Tom Holt
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.