[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>> Candide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 19380.jpg (18KB, 220x350px) Image search: [Google]
19380.jpg
18KB, 220x350px
>> Ending
>> "we must cultivate our garden"

what did he mean by this?
>>
Smoke weed every day.
>>
"We must accept that our world is not the best possible and we should just take care of daily activity."
I really don't like this book.
>>
>>9859985
I taught it was cool.
>>
Voltaire is the Ur-Redditor.
>>
>>9859952
enlightenment modernist imperative for improvement in all aspects of the human condition and in accord with this, the individual prerogative to take responsibility for this task
>>
>>9859996
>boohoo my god is real
Shiggy diggy I do
>>
>>9860000
>One fine spring morning, he took it into his head to take a walk, and he
marched straight forward, conceiving it to be a privilege of
the human species, as well as of the brute creation, to make
use of their legs how and when they pleased.

Were Voltaire alive in this day and age, he would write br00t4l funDIE REKTs on r/writingprompts.
>>
Arbeit macht frei
>>
>>9860014
Almost as if it English wasn't the language the text was originally written! Shock!
>>
>>9860227
>the "hurr durr i will elucidate this truth bomb truism in connection with mundane activity in casual manner tee hee" could possibly sound less cringy in frogsprache

Satire is a game of the unimaginative hack who has to rely on "something to say."
>>
Candide was the ultimate normie, I don't understand what you people enjoyed about this story.
>>
Well if you want to take it literally, it translates to something like:
Selective breeding
Trimming the weak and unstable from society
Let_Them_Eat_Shit.gif
Cut the best down in their prime

But figuratively, I think he means "take as good a care of yourself as you would your garden".
>>
>>9860039
this
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.