[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frustrations of following your dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: R-2264747-1273198600.jpeg.jpg (8KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-2264747-1273198600.jpeg.jpg
8KB, 298x300px
How many of you have, or even aspire to, fully committing to your dream of being a writer? Or if not a writer then whatever else it is?

Inevitably you come face to face with your lack of experiential wealth, you wonder what in your life that you've experienced is really even worth anything, can't be translated into something interested, and maybe perhaps then you'd like to contrive with your imagination worlds of experience totally unknown to your own, ...

Can we mourn together how bereft of beauty modern industrial commercial soccer mom netflix mcdonalds parking lot life is?

Where are we to seek beauty if the whole external world has been inundated with banality?
>>
1. It has nothing to do with experiential dearth / wealth

2. Authors wages are at an all-time low and declining each year

3. Like it or not, contemporary publishing industry will think twice before spending their time + money publicizing a straight white male author when they could promote a woman or nigger instead

>Where are we to seek beauty?

The answer is 4chan. Write a book and post it on /lit/ for free. If it has any value, it'll gain meme traction and people will encourage you to self-publish it and will pay for it.
>>
>>9851608
I'm not very satisfied with your answer there.

Actually, I'm more concerned about writing something beautiful for my own sake. I would sooner be tormented by my inability to create something beautiful that gives me zero dollars than my ability to create something banal that gives me millions

I'm already a bitch to the system as a minimum wage worker, that part of my pride and integrity is long gone
>>
>>9851588
Well I did get an English degree instead of something "useful" so I've committed to it. I've done a lot to get out in the world so I'd have something to write about. You need to make your own luck, that's a part of being creative.

There are still good and interesting things in the modern world but you need to discover them on your own.
>>
>>9851655
That;s a proper answer.

Yes, I've been putting myself in dangerous yet fruitful life circumstances intentionally as a way to kick-start things
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.