[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norms losing it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: kXMDSiv.png (374KB, 1178x1326px) Image search: [Google]
kXMDSiv.png
374KB, 1178x1326px
you guys say norms lit well he just raged on twitter

seems like he just scrapped his latest book

Even Reddit is calling him pretensions because he shits on modern lit while praises the Russians

Is this the end of his career in literature?

http://imgur.com/a/6jg4V
>>
idk, but his latest podcast eps havent been funny

i hope this isnt the death of norm
>>
nothing more /lit/ than refraining from publishing at any cost something that clearly isn't ready, i.e. the exact opposite of how things run in genre fiction
>>
Norm didn't waste his time. He should know bombing is part of the process. Hope he gets over it and gets back at it.
>>
>>9847225
>writer write a books, scrape it and gets mad about it for a couple of hours
>this should surprise

It happens to every artist. Be thankful that Norm did not publish a charlatan-ish piece of shit book.
>>
>>9847225
>reddit spacing
Fuck off.
>>
>>9847276
I'm

pretty

sure

you're

the

same

anon

every

time

I

see

this

post.
>>
>>9847276
I did admit I go on Reddit in the post so I thought it was more honest that way. I never post usually.
>>
>>9847225
I'm no hotshot author, but over the span of years I scrapped more of my writing than I ever deigned to show anyone. This Norm guy should take heart and not lose sight of *why* he began to write in the first place.
>>
>>9847225
He called Alice Munro the greatest writer of all time tho.
>>
>>9847276
>reddit punctuation
fuck off!?!
>>
>>9847225
>/plebbit/
>imgur
go home
>>
File: 22BOOKMACDONALD-master180-v2.jpg (20KB, 180x282px) Image search: [Google]
22BOOKMACDONALD-master180-v2.jpg
20KB, 180x282px
let me shill you his book. some anon made a thread about it recently and he convinced me! i went out and stole it. not half bad for an aging comic.

closer to a vonnegut novel than an actual autobiography. and the character Keane involved in some metafictional gaming is surely a Nabokov/Kinbote reference. wow! that norm sure is smart for a celebrity.
>>
>>9847353
The thing I didn't get was how Keane typed his own death.
>>
>>9847374
didn't you pay any attention? keane was a ghost writer.
>>
>>9847380
That sounds like a Norm joke. Maybe I should read it.
>>
>>9847380
Hi Norm!
>>
>>9847299
>Using the same alphabet they use in R*ddit

Ishygddt
>>
>>9847225
>even Reddit
>shits on modern lit
>praises the Russians
>bad
>>
>>9847274
This. Plus there's always revision and resuing old material for parts.

Anyone steeped in the game isn't phased by this lol.
>>
>>9848529
it's a joke dingbat
>>
>>9847380
Books entirely based on puns are my favorite thing in the world. That's why my favorite work of fiction is The Importance of Being Earnest.
>>
>>9847225
You can't beat the Russians, why is wrong to praise them?
>>
>>9848572
t. translation cuck
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.