[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it normal to take a 10 day break from book you're reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Heartfelt.jpg (109KB, 632x760px) Image search: [Google]
Heartfelt.jpg
109KB, 632x760px
is it normal to take a 10 day break from book you're reading and then resume? do any of you do this?
>>
>>9846909
Ill read like 7 books in a short period of time and then let them rest for a while before starting a new set. The only problem with this is sometimes it's hard to start a new set. I can get preoccupied with other interests, but once I start again I am consumed.
>>
>>9846949
I don't think ill ever read this many at a time. Maybe two, at max three. I try to stick to one at a time though. Still my basic question is... is it normal to take that long of a break for books? Context: it is a book with fairly "heavy" material (for lack of a better word, sorry) and its 600+ pages so I wanted to take a break and read something different. I just hope staying away from my first read this long won't have any detrimental effects...
>>
>>9846909
i took like weeks off before and came back to it, but that's because of shit i had to do job, school, etc. when i returned to it i remembered like 80%-85% of it. so i guess yes? why wouldn't it be normal?
>>
>>9846909
I tend to read five or six books "at once", meaning I'll read 15-20 pages of this and move onto another and another and another in the same day

I am rather voracious and impatient when it comes to knowing the secrets of the world so,...
I dont know, but yeah, contemplation of what has been read is important, nothing is wrong with you.

THe really good way to live is slowly.

Bach wrote these esquisite letters to his friends in such an incredible handwriting that showed refinement and patience... to create slowly is to create beautifully

fast and spontaneous art has its own merit but, it will never add up to its other polarity.
>>
>>9846909
10 days sounds a little excessive to me. I can do a day, sometimes 2 if I need it, away from a book, but then I just start to feel lazy.
>>
>>9847112
but I just really think I need to solve the book's problems at a slow rate, similar to what >>9847107 infers
>>
>>9847117
Then I guess it depends on what exactly you're reading at the time. If it's material e.g. philosophy that you need that much time to allow to manifest in your mind, then so be it. If it's guilty pleasure fiction, I just figure that 10 days is a lot of time to let go by without keeping plot elements fresh in mind.
>>
>>9847117
then go slow.
>>
>>9847129
I'm pretty sure in the situation I'm in that time limit will definitely suffice in letting me process things. thanks guys. sorry if this post seemed like a diary
>>
>>9847107
fiction or non-fiction?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.