[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reverse Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: lonesome.jpg (32KB, 684x251px) Image search: [Google]
lonesome.jpg
32KB, 684x251px
Maybe its not secret, but i have discovered for myself the idea of writing with reverse intent.

To take ones own writing, and re-write it anew with the opposite or counter intention with new words that mirror the original indirectly, rather in reverse.

Its opening the door for endless creativity. Its not merely just re-writing with different words, it is the exact OPPOSITE sentiment. Its simple, and clear. Sort of a way to make sure what you're writing is precisely what you mean.

I was writing in reverse, thinking of how silly it was, but after reading the original and its reverse, its quite consistent. My mind is currently blown. Does anyone else do this? has anyone before?!
>>
>>9846877
can you give an example?
>>
uh, can you give an example?
>>
>>9846877
can you not give an example?
>>
File: no understand.jpg (62KB, 680x585px) Image search: [Google]
no understand.jpg
62KB, 680x585px
>>9846881
>>9846883
Ill share what ive just written. Please no bully. This was all very uninspired, and turned into a little thought experiment for myself. The words might not seem significant, but they are meaningful to me personally. This may not be the best example, but its essentially how it began.

Original
"1 It's the empty feeling, that is now my drug. Ideas and thought have lost meaning. Speak to your intent, you become redundant. 2 Words weigh as sand in an hourglass, sift slowly to nowhere."

Reverse
"1 Once I was engorged with vice, carnal and satiating. Simple yet complex yearnings of instinct, forefront and conscious; Only of the self serving purpose of its own composition, and nothing more. This is ideal. 2 Action with no bearing of influence, costly as water flowing in a river, persistently forward in motion."
>>
>>9846877
example pls.
>>
>>9846877
Sounds kinda ridiculous if you ask me why go out of your way to do that for any other reason that you don't have faith in your own ability to say what you mean
>>
Bugs... easy on the examples.
>>
>>9846907
it is outrageous and purposeless, but it can give insight into your own thoughts. Ive got a whole page of my thoughts that i didnt even think i thought. My example above really is poor though, its just a single example.
>>
>>9846905
no bullying, and as a guy who does this often, really overwrought and difficult to enjoy. try working on it in simpler terms, use simpler antonyms, as it is now, the concept isn't even explained very well through the examples given, and your idea seemed nebulous to begin with. my advice, for whatever it's worth, is to simplify, amd work on it, play around with the idea and continue to test it. just don't get discouraged.
>>
>>9846914
Hey if it works have at it, I happen to have a proper vision though so I don't need to see the inverse of it in order to gain clarity the clarity is in the vision itself in contrast with the hell we inhabit which is already the fucking inverse so I don't need to go out of my way to do some inane exercise
>>
>>9846923
yes, its a very crass idea at the moment. I see it has potential though. Ill definitely be playing with it, going back and re-writing my other writings. For me, this is significant. I often have a difficult time conveying my words. Reversing what i say could give me a better way to rewrite what ive already written, more clearly and concisely.

>>9846926
we cant all be autistic savants. I need an extra set of eyes to know what it is im seeing. It might seem pointless, but with a little work it could be useful to people that might have trouble getting it out right the first time.
>>
>>9846935
heh, I'll give you props for working a proper "autistic" dig in there.

I don't think I really care but sometimes I get the sense that people who need to do certain exercises in order to spruce things up lack vision, which I suppose is fine enough but, for me it seems that vision comes first and then it is an endless approximation at refining the initial idea, giving it substance and form. This thing where you sit down to "write a story" with nothing in particular in mind seems to me a bad way to go about things, and so called "writing exercises" which will somehow oil the creative gears and juice up the receptivity to the muses don't seem to have a lot of beauty to them. Preferable to these things I would say is going for a walk in a natural place, local park, or abandoned woods, something like this. Most of the great writers did this. When they lacked inspiration, they didn't commit themselves to writing exercises but rather went out and traversed nature and let the chips fall where they may as fall as new ideas go. When you expect too much with too little patience you won't get anywhere.
>>
>>9846945
Dont doubt that I know that writing for writing sake isnt fruitful. This, for me, wasnt as much of a writing exercise as it was a method of getting insight into what it is that i write in the first place. As I think, I write, and as I write I understand. I was taking a walk in the forest of my mind, so to speak. Like i said, i wasnt really writing inspired to begin with. But happy little accidents make some fun.
>>
>>9846954
I'm glad you can say that in contrast to what I've said, that means what you are doing is genuine to you. Forget all the nonsense I wrote.
>>
There's some mental illness in here, I think.
>>
>>9847040
And? What's your point, lad?
Many writers were schizo etc. It shouldn't be glorified like it is, but it's true nonetheless
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.