[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will his vision of a new cultural elite come into existence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: petersloterdijk.jpg (246KB, 1095x1424px) Image search: [Google]
petersloterdijk.jpg
246KB, 1095x1424px
Will his vision of a new cultural elite come into existence?
>>
wow he has lost so much weight

really changed his life
>>
Where does he write about that? Where to start with the Slotderdijk?
>>
Looks like he's been enjoying his symptom.

Also, I do hope so, OP. But being aware not to fall in eugenics.
>>
>>9845934
I started with Spheres III. Don't recommend it as a starting point. Maybe try the Critique of Cynical Reason? It was a hit when it came out, so I guess it's somehow more legible (?)
>>
>>9845710
Not before he retracts the idea when asked by a liberal journalist.
>>
>>9845934
Just read Heidegger and Derrida.

It's painfully embarrassing to see philosophy grads think Sloterdijk is saying something new.
>>
>>9846008
derrida didn't say anything new either.
>>
>>9846008
Explain yourself
>>
>>9845710
>really changed his life

Only Sloterdijk kids wil get this joke.

>>9845993
> psychoanalysis

>>9845934
Rage and Time or You Must Change Your Life. First one is shorter.

>>9846008
The way a philosopher explains, uses and mixes the concepts of his predecesors matters as well. Sloterdijk may not really be original, but he has some interesting, as well as some poor choices in this regard.
>>
>>9845996
Actually, it's less legible, if I catch your drift. I'd start with the text FPBP puns- You Must Change Your Life.
>>
File: 1468320234974.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1468320234974.gif
3MB, 300x237px
It will happen... in our lifetime... it will.
>>
Sloterdijk is as krautpilled as they get.

Also he's too obscure and speaks too elliptically for libtards to do anything about him.

Highly recommended.
>>
File: 0745649211.jpg (48KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
0745649211.jpg
48KB, 300x453px
>>9845710
Any essential or recommended supplementary reading before tackling YMCYL? I have not read any Slotderdijk before.
>>
>>9845710

PETER SLOTERDIJK believes that it is a critique of Marxism to point out that all object relations (such as between a CAPITALIST EMPLOYER and his work-object, LABORERS), prior to any SCIENTIFIC, ECONOMIC, or otherwise INTERESTED DETERMINATION, are SUBTENDED BY THE LOVE OR HATE of the PERSON FOR WHOM THE RELATED THING BECOMES AN OBJECT. Sloterdijk ARGUES in the Critique of Cynical Reason, Part III, Chapter 11 (Transcendental Polemic: Heraclitian Meditations) that all object relations are determined A PRIOR by whether they are EROTIC relations that seek to GIVE something to the object, or SADISTIC relations that seek to take something from it.
>>
>>9848868

I WELCOME and IMPLORE any Sloterdijk fanboy to explain to me what an EROTIC EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP LOOKS LIKE UNDER CAPITALISM. Note: you may want to AVOID suggesting all employment is prostitution!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.