[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think of all the famous people alive today. Think of all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 194x260px
Think of all the famous people alive today. Think of all the billionaires donating shitloads to get medical wings named after them or the entrepreneurs working day and night to get their businesses going, with the lucky few finding riches and helping society.

Think of all the high IQ creatives working on physics and maths problems. And famous celebrities now worshipped by the entire globalised world.

Now realise that the guy in picrelated will be remembered by more people and have a higher place in history than (almost) everyone living today. His achievement: "Hurr sure, what if everything is imagination!" He also has one of the best universities named after him.

Now do you see the power of philosophy? You could leapfrog the entire living members of the human race with one insight that hasn't been written before. Money can't buy this.
>>
I think a personal study into philosophy and the cultivation of one's perspective is an essential part in life.
Philosophy has the power to eliminate fear, worries, anxiety, stress and reduce proness to mind controll, gullibility and will dramatically increase one's overall intelligence, IQ and EQ.
That philosophy isn't already taught since elementary is beyond me.
Now a days its something you'd really have to be into to choose as a class, study or profession.
Where as in the days of Greeks, Romans etc this was more common.
Philosophy is also a key strategy in buddhism for liberation(moksha).
The mind is an essential tool for humanity and must be trained.
It's incredible how unstimulating we are in this and would rather fill eachother with crap in the hope of absurd profit. Something very prominent since the 2000's.
I think philosophy and psychology are one of the most essential study's in life. Philosophy helps to build your own perspective and think for oneself and psychology explains why others do what they do.
So you may understand your fellow brothers and sisters. The two go hand in hand and a mastery in either will ensure a mastery in the other aswell.
Psychology is by far not as complicated as study's and psychologists will have you believe and yes there are permanent answers to be discovered that will satisfy on all levels.
>>
>>9843629
>That philosophy isn't already taught since elementary is beyond me.
The younger a person is, the less apt to study philosophy she is, with few exceptions.
Majority of students dont care about deeper stuff, they care for the necessary grades to go to next year and their own present pleasure.
Yeah, you need to present kiddo's with it at some point, but being taught, thats other thing. Schools don't have a good history teaching philosophy to majority of their students, mostely because the average student don't care about self-reflection or deep criticism of everything.
In short: philosophy ain't for plebs, althought it would be great if plebs started to care about philosophy and think for themselfs, rather then buy the "opnion creators" garbage that media and other formes of entertainiment trown at them.
>>
>>9843603
Id rather be a forgotten billionare desu
>>
>>9843603

literally who
>>
>>9843680
Hm I suppose you're right. But if you want students to learn critical thinking and forming opinions, you can't do that without philosophy.
Should we then carry on this illusion or face the cold facts and start reforming democracy?
>>
>>9843714
Well neither if you ask me.
First, yes, this is true;
>But if you want students to learn critical thinking and forming opinions, you can't do that without philosophy.
But dosen't mean that the kids won't learn philosophy ever. There is a good reason philosophy should be presented as a optional subject in middle school: the brain of the middle schooler is psycologicaly different from the elementary one. The middle schooler is more able to understand complex abstract thinking, and is in a state where he, alone, will ask himself things and will search for anwsers, while the elementary student sometimes just accept what is said to him.
Second, is a mistake to think that only schools should teach philosophy to their kids.Of course, if parents know how to already start trying to put the philosophical seed in the younger brain, that will be great, but majority of people don't realy know this much 'bout philosophy, so they relly on school system or just say it's God's will and ends in there. If a person has a kid, and can talk in very carefully manners about critical thinking and forming opnion with the kid at elementary age, this is already a good start,you don't even need to quote or show the philosophers itself, just sometimes try put the kid to think about something very deeply. When they reach middle school, where philosophy can truly be presented, they wont be so alieneted to learn from it's existence. But remember: phisophy isen't for everyone, unfortunately, so it need to be optional. Only those who truly wish to learn phisophy will need to deal with the sacrifice as such.
Thirdly, I don't think what's your opnion on "reforming democracy", anon, but if you ask me, we should be trying to demolish it and build a aristocratic system like Plato's republic. Of course, not in a night, cause, hey, people are flawed as fuck, but this is other topic that I will refrain from talking because this post is getting long enought.
My ideological and phisophical system is another topic that may or may not interest you.
>>
>>9843788
Fuck my english and my brain, I don't know what's*
>>
File: 487092_v1.jpg (54KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
487092_v1.jpg
54KB, 610x343px
>>
>>9843603
lol why would I even care if im dead
>>
>>9843680
>she is
She is never apt, but for actual human being it doesn't matter
>>
>>9843788
Personally I really believe in the concept of Tabula Rasa, I think there should be proper stimulation as you say from school/parents to interest a child into these matters and make it more of a norm.

On my statement of ''reforming democracy'';
I think that any type of government is complete bias and fails. There can only be proper ruling when there's a sense of moral with the rulers, such as king solomon or the early greek democracy where the plebs we're paid to participate, it shows a level of caring.

So yeah I'd agree with plato's concept of an aristocracy, but I think in today's world it is very hard to apply this ideology.

In my personal opinion, I think technological revolution is needed to start taking over demanding physical labor, so we can slowly move away from currency and become a selfless society that honors, philosophy, creativity and recreative matters.

The world today is very different from plato's though and I'm not sure if his ideology will hold on current situations, economical, social and spiritual.

If we ever be situated with a ruling type such as plato's aristocracy then I'd say humanity has also evolved enough to be able to live without it, if you understand what I'm saying. (Or we tried so many things that we decided to give it a go xd?).

I'm very interested in all philosophical and ideological systems/idea's and concepts.

Sorry that the post is a bit chopped.
>>
>>9843603
You have a very poor grasp of Berkeley's thought if you feel you can summarize his achievements in the way you did.

Concepts that seem simple to us now frequently took a lot of work to establish in the first place, and are only familiar to us because of their intrinsic or dialogic importance. Newton invented calculus, and now every high schooler is more or less capable of understanding it before graduating.
>>
>>9843860
>Personally I really believe in the concept of Tabula Rasa, I think there should be proper stimulation as you say from school/parents to interest a child into these matters and make it more of a norm.

Yeah, I do too share this with you, but I learned from experience that you can't wait for institucions (like schools) to do the job of parenting properly. Is more a personal thing, specialy with little kids.

>On my statement of ''reforming democracy'';
I think that any type of government is complete bias and fails. There can only be proper ruling when there's a sense of moral with the rulers, such as king solomon or the early greek democracy where the plebs we're paid to participate, it shows a level of caring.

That may be so, but I have lately came to the conclusion that high morals sometimes leads to bad governing. I would love if everyone was able to participate in politics and draw conclusions based on reason that would improve their living, but some people don't care about politics, so I fruitless to try force them do it, and to be brutaly honest, it only makes them less interested even.

>So yeah I'd agree with plato's concept of an aristocracy, but I think in today's world it is very hard to apply this ideology.

I don't think so. Is all a question of ethos, and people's ethos have the tendency to change very quickly. And when you do a good argument against a thing, in this case, the democratic system of today, then they change even faster.

>In my personal opinion, I think technological revolution is needed to start taking over demanding physical labor, so we can slowly move away from currency and become a selfless society that honors, philosophy, creativity and recreative matters.

I do agree with you but I found extremely hard for physical labour to vanish. And it can be argued that this would actualy be bad, tho I wont enter in this discussion.

>If we ever be situated with a ruling type such as plato's aristocracy then I'd say humanity has also evolved enough to be able to live without it, if you understand what I'm saying. (Or we tried so many things that we decided to give it a go xd?).

I think I do, but yeah, I agree with you on this. Either we got there or we don't have options. But I think it's easier that, with time and the events that unfold in the future, we probably develop a completely new governing system.

>Sorry that the post is a bit chopped.

Don't worry about it.

>I'm very interested in all philosophical and ideological systems/idea's and concepts

Mine I ain't completely sure, but I think I am in the middle of some aristocratic or monarchic militarism, tho is way more complex to just some 4chan posts (that's why I am working in a book that has already turned 1 decade of arduous mental labour and still isen't finished)
>>
>>9843944
Thanks for your opinions and insights, I'll think about what you said concerning high morals and demanding physical labor.
Other than that, I don't have more to say.
>>
>>9844209
np, hope you keep getting your dialetics working like i try to do and finds the final Thruth eventualy... Like I am trying to do (and failing ;_;)
>>
Good thoughts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.