[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ib4 Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 51S85XWRAKL.jpg (33KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
51S85XWRAKL.jpg
33KB, 315x475px
What books would /lit/ recommend to read before starting with "Decline of the West"? Yeah, I've done the greeks and the history of the last 500 years.
>>
>>9843512
>Yeah, I've done the greeks and the history of the last 500 years.
>Hasn't done the Romans or the Middle Ages.

You're not ready anon.
>>
File: 3hfz745gfa98.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
3hfz745gfa98.png
1MB, 919x720px
>>9843568
>tfw you will probably not be ready till the west has declined
>>
read peter turchin instead
>>
>>9843679
>peter turchin
Which of his works?
>>
>>9843512
Just start reading The Decline anon.
This "read before" is more of a joke than something to take seriously.
No one can (or should) make a chart that says what to read and in what order. To understand the development of ways of thinking is more of a schooraly thing that can be ignored. And even if you read Spengler before the Greeks, when you read then, you will connect a lot of dots naturaly and even drawn new conclusions yourself.
When I started The Decline I got red pilled over some of the things the nazis said, like, why they were so crazy about "decadence" and so on...
>>
>>9843720
>This "read before" is more of a joke than something to take seriously.
I'm just reading the intro and he speaks about so much references I know nothing about that I feel if I cintinue I might not understand half of what he is saying. Either that or I'm just to much of a pleb.

Although I think that I do understand where he is going, I still want to understand how he came to thay conclusion to compare it to my own and adapt view to new points.
>>
>>9843732
When I see a reference that I don't get, I usualy google it at the time. Today we have techs that allow us to do that, use it and abuse it.
And you aint pleb, I dare to say that his way of writting is something unbearable of how purple prosed it is.
>>
>>9843757
>purple prose
Yeah, I guess it's just not my thing. Can you recommend any similar works which get quicker to the point?
>>
>>9843512
You know, when you want to start reading Elements of Philosophy of Right by Hegel or I don't know, Critique of Pure Reason there is some sense in asking that. No point whatsoever when you are about to read fucking Oswald Spengler.
>>
I've only found abridged versions of Spengler on Amazon so far, can I get a link to a good unabridged version?
>>
>>9843732
Just google what you don't get for context. Usually works for me.
>>
>>9844062
I can't say to you in english editions (mine is in portuguese, brazilian even), but The Decline of the West I only learned latter that is much bigger when I was reading some of the intro notes of my edition (and my edition if fucking huge). Tho I would like to read it all the books, not one abridged version, like I am trying to do with Das Kapital (and failing at it)
>>
>>9844062
I got the german unabridged one. Can't find one either so far in english. Sorry.
>>
>>9844062
archive . org dude
>>
>>9843608
Don't be so hard on yourself anon, ~20 years isn't that long a time.
>>
>>9845861
I wanted a text copy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.