[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: nietzche.jpg (404KB, 1200x1628px) Image search: [Google]
nietzche.jpg
404KB, 1200x1628px
What do I read before him, apart from the Greeks ?
>>
Spinoza
>>
>>9843237
Bible
Code of Manu
>>
>>9843237
schopenhaur
>>
Immanuel Kant (Nietzsche also made responses to Kant's philosophy's on morality.)
>>
>>9843237
spinoza, german idealism, schopenhauer
>>
>>9843237
my diary desu
>>
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
>>
Kant - CPR
Schopenhauer - The World as Will and Representation
Löwith - From Hegel to Nietzsche
Safranski - Nietzsche: A Philosophical Biography
>>
>>9845134
Kierkegaard - The Sickness Unto Death
Dostoevsky - Notes from Underground
>>
>>9843252
i wouldnt recommend reading the bible without any background
>>
>>9843237
Fault In Our Stars
>>
>>9843237
Das Nibelungenlied
>>
>>9845272
Why would you recommend Kierkegaard before Nietzsche. Nietzsche never got the chance to read him so wasn't influenced by him. Kierkegaard is what you read after Nietzsche to realise what he got wrong.
>>
>>9845434
In a letter to Georg Bandes
>During my next journey to Germany I plan to study the psychological problem of Kierkegaard, also to renew my acquaintance with your earlier writings. This will be, in the best sense of the word, useful to me - and will serve to "bring home" to me the severity and arrogance of my own judgments." [Nietzsche, Selected Letters, trans. Christopher Middleton, pg. 285]
>>
>>9845446
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Back me up or prove me wrong? IIRC Nietzsche came down with some serious intestinal ailment and couldn't fulfil his plans to read him. I am fascinated by what might have happened if he did.
>>
>>9845456
There's too many similarities between the two concerning the psychologism explored in TSUD and TSZ to really doubt it imo.
>>
>>9845463
I disagree, I think they were just both on the right track and the time was ripe for this kind of psychology to arise.

There are a lot more similarities than that though. Both had heroic figures in their philosophy (Knight of Faith and Zarathustra), Nietzsche tried to go beyond good and evil and Kierkegaard discusses the teleological suspension of the ethical in the Abraham story and both were individualists.
>>
>>9845488
Seems too convenient to me for them to both be so close but not at all related. Kierk's couldn't read Nietzsche but Nietzsche, in playing in Kierk's pond, could have (and most certainly did) read him.
>>
>>9845498
>Brandes, who had started to teach the philosophy of Soren Kierkegaard in the 1870s, wrote to Nietzsche asking him to read Kierkegaard, to which Nietzsche replied that he would come to Copenhagen and read Kierkegaard with him. However, before fulfilling this promise, he slipped too far into illness.

This is from Nietzsche's Wiki page. I know its only Wiki but I really can't be fucked to find a better source.

Lets just say it was the holy spirit working its magic.
>>
Go on Nietzche's wikipedia

>influences, read them
go to their influences, read them

keep going until wikipedia runs out of influences, most likley you would end up on an obscure Sumerian or Greek philosopher
>>
shit i started with Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister yall are geniuses
>>
>9843237
Stirner, very similar. Many comparisons have been made.
>>
If I just read 2ndary lit on Nietzsche do I need to read other philosophers to prepare for him?
>>
>>9847254
how is this the first post to mention stirner?
>>
This guy is a joke, the overman doesn't exist. Please tell me you autsists don't believe this drivel.
>>
Spinoza, Kant and Schopenhauer have all been correctly mentioned. Add Emerson (whom Nietzsche loved) and his best friend Overbeck (if you can find a text) very different, but also very good- Nietzsche respected him deeply.
>>
nothing

he is everything you will need
>>
>>9848226
>the overman doesn't exist
not yet, you pleb.
>>
Spinoza, Marx, Freud.
>>
>>9848226

This is your brain on positivism.
>>
>>9845433
Pretty irrelevant to Nietzsche's work, and only loosely connected to Wagner, since Wagner's operas on the subject are essentially society people discussing Schopenhauer
>>
>>9848226
yeah, because of apes like you
>>
>>9845383
What background do you need to read the bible?
>>
>>9848226
>still denying tenzing norgay
monolingual anglo inferiority complex detected.
>>
File: 1498186363620.jpg (3MB, 2948x5020px) Image search: [Google]
1498186363620.jpg
3MB, 2948x5020px
>>9843237
Reading everything on this list is the minimum
>>
>>9848226
>>9848271
>>9848298
>>9848327
>They don't realize that the age of the Overman ended 70 years ago and that we're currently living among the last men
>>
At minimum Paul's Espistles and something to familiarize yourself with the early church fathers (especially Tertullian) and the origins of Christianity.

Nietzsche rarely engages with contemporary philosophers in his work, more often boring theologians who you can take his word on.
>>
>>9848992
Contemporary philosophers were already too far gone down the wrong path, Nietzsche was trying to find where the wrong turn was.
>>
>>9843237
Ignore these passages. Once you read a little of Zarathustra.. This reading is really inspirational. You do not have to read everything at once and the book is great.
>>
>>9848888
elaborate
>>
>>9848828
>read the entirety of the Summa Theologica, City of God, Montaigne's Essays, all of Hume just to understand Nietzsche
>>
>>9843237
First: living is just as important as reading as a prerequisite for Nietzsche.

Second: you don't have to read much. Be familiar with the popular works from ancient Greece, the philosophers and the poets, the popular works in literature since then. But you can very much just read him, and then go back and read things that he references to.
>>
>>9848828
>no vico
>>
where can i get nietzsche collected works
>>
>>9848828
So I'm guessing this is a troll. Not OP but how much of this should I read to become philosophy..
>>
>>9843237
dont read "the greeks" just read homer and whatever your favourite dialogue of plato is. these are the relevant greeks w/r/t nietzsche. 4chan has a huge boner for INCREDIBLY superfluous prerequisites.
>>
>>9849685
That's definitely a lack. Good eye, anon.
>>
>>9843237
kant, the bible, any other moralfag shit
>>
>>9848888
edgy nazi glorification
>>
>>9849715
You can read the abdriged version of all the 16th to 19th century writers.
They're so fucking verbose and constantly repeating themselves never getting to the point.
You don't really lose anything about Kant by watching 3 TLDRs on youtube then TLDR website or reddit explanations.

Advice if you wish to write a treatise.
Make your assumptions and ideas apparent first. Then write why they're true.
>>
>>9848226
fuck off last man
we are hyperboreans
>>
>>9849698
library
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.