[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most well-read cities in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3729.gif (2MB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3729.gif
2MB, 300x296px
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160524005123/en/Amazon.com-Announces-Well-Read-Cities-America

>he doesn't live in one of the most well-read cities in America
>he doesn't read during his commute to and from work
>he doesn't frequent his local used book stores
>tfw DC master race

It's like you want me to think you a pleb.

Flyovers need not respond.
>>
>>9839792
>>he doesn't read during his commute to and from work

>reading while drivinf
>>
>>9839806
>implying anyone drives in the city

Flyover hick faggot detected.
>>
>>9839792
flyovers BTFO
>>
I live in DC and most people here are not well-read at all. When I was in Dublin I could have a conversation with a cab driver about Flannery O'Connor. In DC I'd be lucky to interact with somebody who'd read lower middlebrow garbage Girl on the Train or the New Jim Crow. Most people here are not political elites who went through Oxford or Georgetown; they're federal government middle managers
>>
1) Only takes into account cities with pop. over 500k. A comfy, quiet town could very well be the most well-read per capita.

2) Only considers Amazon sales. While it might take into account sales of, say, AbeBooks and BookDepository (both are subsidiaries of Amazon), there's no indication of such a thing. So, along with local book sales, there's probably a *huge* number of unaccounted sales that, again, might be more likely in actual literary cities. For instance, NYC isn't on the list, but it'd be easy to assume that someone would just go to their local used bookstore than order on Amazon.
>>
>he lives in the U.S.
>>
File: mealways.png (48KB, 441x398px) Image search: [Google]
mealways.png
48KB, 441x398px
>>9839812

>falling for urban narrative
>>
>most well-read
>based on amazon purhases
>>
>Las Vegas in the top 10, almost top 5

I haven't met a single person in the 8 years I've lived here who has reads any more then semi regularly, it's an entire city full of mongoloids and Instagram thots.
>>
>>9839792
It's based on sales from Amazon. It should be called the "Lowest IQ Cities in the USA for not knowing that you can bootleg any book off the internet."
>>
File: bigamericanbrain.jpg (41KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
bigamericanbrain.jpg
41KB, 618x412px
>>9839792
>>9841083
>tfw you're the sole person responsible for DC's high reading averages because you just love learning
>tfw you can't wait to enthusiastically recommend the Carl Schmidt book that you're reading right now to your friends after you finish it
>tfw you have the comfiest job in the world, masterminding the comeback of the United States while some orange schmuck does the heavy-lifting
>>
Philly Area was kind of well read you had penn swarthmore and haverford in the area.
Boston I imagine would be with all the colleges up there. Any of the better college towns too.
>>
>>9839792
>he lives in America
ewwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>9841239
In Bannon We Trust
>>
I'm in DC, there's a ton of retards but also some not retards. Good stuff. Some dude on the metro recommended me a political philosophy book the other day after we had a conversation.
>>
>responding to this bait thread
>>
>>9839792
mfw a 5th of the places are in texas, mfw i am in texas, mfw this list is a shit
>>
>>9841664
>bumping said bait thread
>>
File: bannon.png (19KB, 391x245px) Image search: [Google]
bannon.png
19KB, 391x245px
>>9841239
based bannon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.