[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this is true, why was he so pessimistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Schopenhauer-Quote-.jpg (155KB, 659x412px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer-Quote-.jpg
155KB, 659x412px
If this is true, why was he so pessimistic?
>>
>>9839297
because compassion implies both the suffering and boredom he thought life consisted of is expanded beyond your own experience
>>
>>9839297
He thought people couldn't get excited enough to act on their compassion albeit having it.
>>
>>9839297
Because compassion/empathy requires exposing yourself to situations of self-sacrifice and most people are all about "muh dick", thus following the lack of self-sacrifice and rising individualism already apparent in the XIX century he become more and more pessimistic.
>>
>>9839297
Compassion comes out of sorrow. Those who have suffered more, tend to be more empathetic
>>
>>9839533
Is that right? I've suffered a lot and it just makes me a misanthropist.
>>
>>9839533
Come on. This isn't Facebook. There's no need to act like that statement makes any sense.
>>
>>9839584
It makes perfect sense
>>
>>9839297
Because he saw the proceedings of Hegelianism, whom he accused of moral rotting of intelligentsia.
>>
>>9839297

Because of his compassion.
>>
>>9839628
Suffering can't physically make you more emphatically responsive than you already are. It can only help you more easily relate to people that are in a situation similar to yours. Under certain circumstances.
>>
>>9839628
i could argue with examples but you would say they're exceptions. i could call you an edgelord but you would embrace the meme. just know that i fundamentally disagree with you, and my own limited suffering has probably made me more insufferable and cuntish
>>
>>9840373
Suffering can make you more susceptible to relate others misfortunes. This is 101 growing up. Even if you disagree now, you'll agree with it when you mature
>>
>>9840456
This is literally what I said.
>>
>>9840456
>you'll understand when you're older
The oldest copout in argument history
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.