[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ezra Pound General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: pound.jpg (148KB, 690x874px) Image search: [Google]
pound.jpg
148KB, 690x874px
Reading The Adams Cantos now, and while they can be technically, or formally interesting they leave me feeling totally ambivalent, and seem sometimes strained.
>>
The River-Merchant’s Wife: A Letter
By Ezra Pound

After Li Po

While my hair was still cut straight across my forehead
I played about the front gate, pulling flowers.
You came by on bamboo stilts, playing horse,
You walked about my seat, playing with blue plums.
And we went on living in the village of Chōkan:
Two small people, without dislike or suspicion.
At fourteen I married My Lord you.
I never laughed, being bashful.
Lowering my head, I looked at the wall.
Called to, a thousand times, I never looked back.

At fifteen I stopped scowling,
I desired my dust to be mingled with yours
Forever and forever, and forever.
Why should I climb the look out?

At sixteen you departed
You went into far Ku-tō-en, by the river of swirling eddies,
And you have been gone five months.
The monkeys make sorrowful noise overhead.

You dragged your feet when you went out.
By the gate now, the moss is grown, the different mosses,
Too deep to clear them away!
The leaves fall early this autumn, in wind.
The paired butterflies are already yellow with August
Over the grass in the West garden;
They hurt me.
I grow older.
If you are coming down through the narrows of the river Kiang,
Please let me know beforehand,
And I will come out to meet you
As far as Chō-fū-Sa.
>>
>>9838421
This poem is good, but how much of that is thanks to Ernest Fenollosa, and how much to Li Bai?
>>
File: the-baby-4.jpg (66KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-baby-4.jpg
66KB, 640x720px
>>
>>9838414
Ezra Weston Loomis Pound was a husk of a being by design, he's like a robot trying to approximate poetry. He got all the formulas and the cliches down but he had absolutely no authentic emotional content so its all just wasted words that only impresses like minded charlatans of the literary world.
>>
>>9839339
that's my feeling - i sometimes think that hugh kenner was a better writer than pound
>>
File: gordon'sbladderpod.png (759KB, 720x508px) Image search: [Google]
gordon'sbladderpod.png
759KB, 720x508px
>>9839339
>>9839345
pseuds
>>
>>9839368
Leave it to a pseud to have a fixation with flowers. Efflorescent that is the term to describe you lot alright, bright, distracting and obnoxious but ultimately without its own content and life. Real literature is happening down there in the muck
>>
File: californiapoppy.png (665KB, 720x702px) Image search: [Google]
californiapoppy.png
665KB, 720x702px
>>9839378
way to prove my point. if you could hear yourself you'd break your neck from cringing
>>
>>9839339
Can't disagree more DESU.

Who do you like, so I can snap judge if you're a faggot?
>>
>>9839537
I'm a huge Melville fan
>>
>>9839537
Not him, but I agree. H.D.
>>
Lets talk some about his political philosophy everyone.
>>
File: ilhfm.png (3KB, 479x63px) Image search: [Google]
ilhfm.png
3KB, 479x63px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.