[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Maggie Nelson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Thoughts on Maggie Nelson?
>>
>>9838207
never heard of her but she looks like a nasty milf alright. would bang after a winey date/10.
>>
>>9838222
Her schtick is "autotheory"-- autobiographical theory.

Common themes include anal sex, violence against women, and gender.

She's married to a trans man and has one kid with him (her).

Not exactly /lit/'s cup of tea, but I'm curiois if anyone here has read her. Her last book "Argonauts" received a fair amount of praise
>>
I'd like to give her some of my thoughts if you know what I mean
>>
>>9838333
w-what did you mean by this?
>>
Doesn't seem very redpilled. Gonna have to take a pass.
>>
>>9838301
>She's married to a trans man and has one kid with him (her).

Wut
>>
All are decent, but Art of Cruelty > Argonauts > Red Parts > Bluets. None of her stuff is super deep, but they are good appetizers between harder books.
>>
she looks like a girl i used know. epic tits, awful personality. i assume it extrapolates.
>>
>>9838207
she looks like someone with a very attractive sister
>>9838301
edgy
could probably be turned into a meme by a dedicated autist
>>
>>9838301
Boner lost.
>>
>>9839321
>she looks like someone with a very attractive sister
You mean she looks like an older less attractive Scarlett Johansson.
>>
Her eyes are too far apart. She looks like a fucking bullfrog.
>>
File: wewerwereq.png (794KB, 811x858px) Image search: [Google]
wewerwereq.png
794KB, 811x858px
>>9839358
>>
I had to read The Argonauts in college last semester. Most people seemed to like it, but to me the mix between autobiography and critical theory just made her come across as narcissistic and unlikeable.

>Later, from our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed, we ordered X-Men: First Class. Afterward we debated: assimilation vs. revolution. I’m no cheerleader for assimilation per se, but in the movie the assimilationists were advocating nonviolence and identification with the Other in that bastardized Buddhist way that gets me every time.
>>
>>9838207
I've had Jane: The Murderer recommended to me quite a few times. I'll get round to reading it at some point.
>>
>>9839979
Apologies, Jane: A Murder. Not "The Murderer," I'm not sure where that came from.
>>
>>9839946
Wew, she writes some pretentious twaddle
>>
>>9839946
That's fair criticism. It could be pedantic at times but at the same time I liked how earnest it was. You could tell she was really interested in defining her holistic "self." I read it once a few months back and don't have a fully formed opinion on it yet. I will say that it warrants a reread.
>>
>>9838301
All of these are reasons as to why I was surprised to see this thread here in the first place. There probably isn't as much outright scorn in the comments right now because she isn't as well known as like a Junot Diaz, someone /lit/ hates.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.