[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epictetus on /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170801_164037.jpg (259KB, 1845x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170801_164037.jpg
259KB, 1845x777px
Epictetus on /lit/
>>
>i want to know how you practise attention

truthier truth was there ever
>>
>>9834825
One of the most fascinating realizations for me while learning history is that people really never change. There was probably some equivalent to /lit/ 2000 years ago. I can just imagine a Roman writing "Cicero is a fucking hack" on a bathroom wall somewhere.

That said, Epictetus is definitely great. Reading his discourses is what really helped me get my shit together after I started college, and helped me get through a breakup with a terrible girl.
>>
>>9834905
The most based Stoic.
>>
>>9834825
I can never read any stoic ever again after realizing that you should commit tour life entirwly for servicing yourself and your children only.
>>
>>9834945
t. nigger runaway dad who doesn't understand that he has a duty as a man to actually do something for his wife and offspring

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEIT am I right?
>>
>>9834998
Being responsible for your actions and the people in your care seems to be a masculine quality that's in a severe shortage these days.
>>
>>9835027
On the one hand, you're right. On the other, there's never been a better time to be a responsible and masculine man - the short supply of such makes you more attractive to others than you might otherwise be, and the kind of feminism that is becoming increasingly dominant in our culture keeps at bay those women that you'd really be rather better off avoiding.
>>
>>9835027
It's harder than it seems. When you've got a women that defers to your judgment you'll question why she would ever chose you as the cornerstone for her life. Eventually that question turns to resentment for becoming a burden. Soon you'll see her as an obstacle to your happiness. It's easy to fall into this line of thinking, especially if you have the kind of personality type that's been stewed in self-destructive discourse found everywhere on this website.
>>
>>9835442
>When you've got a women that defers to your judgment you'll question why she would ever chose you as the cornerstone for her life

Bullshit. I'm aware of my ubermenschness
>>
>>9834825

Shakespeare on /lit/:

He reads much.
He is a great observer, and he looks
Quite through the deeds of men. He loves no plays,
As thou dost, Antony. He hears no music.
Seldom he smiles, and smiles in such a sort
As if he mocked himself and scorned his spirit
That could be moved to smile at anything.
Such men as he be never at heart’s ease
Whiles they behold a greater than themselves,
>>
>>9835442
>When you've got a women that defers to your judgment you'll question why she would ever chose you as the cornerstone for her life.

lol
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.