[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken Empire, is it worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

I have read the first book of the trilogy and I can't say I'm 100% happy with it. I liked most of the scenes of Jorg with the brotherhood but later on in the book the author wanders off and makes things make less sense. The end is very confusing and makes little sense, does his writing and story improve in later books? I love his style but man was secound half of the book rubbish.
>>
I'm currently reading the second book and its much of the same. The back half of Prince of Thorns felt rushed and disjointed. The flashback chapters feel unnecessary a good amount of the time where they served a semi-purpose in the first one. Part of me still can't get past the setting which feels contrived everytime I'm remind of it.

I'm about halfway through King of Thorns and might power through Emperor of Thorns for completion's sake. I don't plan on trying the Red Queen stuff or anything else from the author
>>
File: chechem4.jpg (6KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
chechem4.jpg
6KB, 430x320px
No, only Dune, Book of the New Sun and Eragon are allowed to have threads outside of /sffg/. Go back.
>>
>>9833980
I was hyped for it when I read the critics, shame. They said it was like Martin's work, I'm still waiting to get that feel, the amounts of plot armor on Jorg is just insane, maybe he improved his writting in the secound trilogy he made? Cool style but tedious story.

>>9834045
kys worm fag
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.