[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analytic Philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Wittgenstein1.jpg (265KB, 547x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein1.jpg
265KB, 547x800px
What's the best starting point for it? I've been doing some research, and it seems like Frege's Begriffsschrift is the optimal choice, although Russell and Whitehead's Principia Mathematica and Wittgenstein's Tractatus also seem like good choices.
>>
>>9833675
that would be a tough starting spot. If I were you I'd just start with the investigations and go from there. Maybe read some russell on names/denoting/atomism beforehand. Starting with Frege can be tricky. That's where I started and it took me a long time to realize how much I take for granted with language and how far back Frege starts, i.e. if you start with Frege be prepared for the absolute ground of linguistic philosophy. Sense and Reference, On Thought, and Foundations of Arithmetic are good intros to Frege. Bregriffsschrift is a terrible idea for a beginner, as is Principia Mathematica. Just get How to Prove It by vellemann if you want to go down the logic route and then a Tarski book on metamath afterwards
>>
It's all bullshit anyway
>>
>>9833675
There's really no point in slogging through the Principal, just understand what its purpose was and why it failed. That said, the rest of Russell is absolutely worth reading and follows on from Frege
>>
>>9834126
*principia
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.