[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I liked it.
>>
>>9833490
I'm glad someone did.
>>
Clap yourself on the back.
>>
I liked the worldbuilding, I thought some of the characters were surprisingly nuanced in their views and reactions to the society they inhabited and get that it must have had more political significance in the wake of the Iranian Revolution, but my main issue with the novel is the prose. It's alright for the most part but at times it gets to feeling like a bad Virginia Woolf impression that's hard to bear reading.
>>
>>9833554
Also I forgot to mention the ending and especially the epilogue were very weak.
>>
File: intothetrashitgoes.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrashitgoes.gif
2MB, 330x166px
t. high schooler who just finished his summer reading list

Enjoy your jewish feminist brainwashing cuck
>>
>>9833565
I thought it was very satisfying. You go through the whole novel basically in the dark, not knowing jack shit, and finally have it revealed at the end that the whole regime was a bunch of bullshit.
>>
File: 17f.jpg (56KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
17f.jpg
56KB, 633x758px
>>9833572
Next I'm going to read The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.
>>
>>9833576
I see the appeal of wanting to know more about the society itself and the world at large. but I felt it contributed nothing to the rest of the book. If anything, it diminishes it because it voids the suspense of whether or not Offred escapes at the end of the plot; we know it wasn't the Eyes waiting for her or she couldn't have recorded the tapes that held her story. It also beats you over the head drawing parallels between Gilead and real-world societies that were already pretty obvious and didn't need explaining. There's such a thing as being too explicit, you know?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.