[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this book.what did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (21KB, 268x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 268x400px
so what is the conclusion of the story?
i don't get it.
>>
DUDE NIRVANA LMAO
>>
Siddhartha is the dumbed down, simplified, child version of "NarziƟ und Goldmund"!
>>
that's because you have to live your life and work it out yourself
>>
The message I got was that you have to achieve inner peace by yourself, and without the instruction of others. That is why Siddhartha rejects Budda's teachings, yet still respects the fact that Gotma has reached that peace.
>>
>>9831372
pseud interpretation detected

>dude just b.e. urself
>>
>>9831389
That's not what he said at all.
>>
>>9831408
only retarded americans read hesse as "dude individualism lmao"

see: the 60s
>>
>>9831389
So you just listen, do what you're told and think what you're told? Hey, I may be a retard, but at least I can think for myself.
>>
>>9831261
Knowledge can be passed down and taught but true wisdom can only be learned through experience.
>>
>>9831412
retarded american detected
>>
>>9831417
>implying most Americans think for themselves
>>
>>9831261
just b xirself
>>
>>9831261
it's basically an anime-inspired-sonic-OC-fanfiction-tier story for people who took philosophy 101 and read the wikipedia article on buddhism
>>
>>9831417
Ikr, it's like he doesn't even follow the Law of Jante.
>>
Content comes from the present. Become one with the river. Do not fight it or try to control it. Find glory in all that moves around you. There is beauty everywhere.

Admittedly, without having first done some existential searching, the ending can be lost on you. I recommend coming back to Siddhartha at different points in your life.
>>
>>9832111
>I recommend coming back to Siddhartha at different points in your life.
>>
>>9831389
Brainlet reading skills detected. How's that berenstain bears book anon? You've really been struggling with it for a month now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.