[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Victor " The Madman" - Pelevin Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: viktor-pelevin_6-t.jpg (62KB, 220x264px) Image search: [Google]
viktor-pelevin_6-t.jpg
62KB, 220x264px
This guy is absolutely crazy and one of the most underrated writers worldwide. Currently reading "the life of insects", which combines buddhist,philosophy, political commentary, postmodernism in a fascinating blend.
100% Red Pilled. He will go down as one of the russian greats, no doubt.
>>
>>9831176
Literally who?
>>
i bet you he regrets some things
>>
>>9831176
This is the Rooski who only writes in dialogue, no?
>>
What's his best book?

I read the Life of Insects and found it mediocre overall. One of the short stories involved two guys who go and smoke weed in a concrete cylinder in a construction site only for the story to end with the cylinder being a spliff smoked by a giant wherein they get burned alive. Shitty stuff.
>>
>>9831176
If you want to shill him you have to post an excerpt to be memed on
>>
>>9832113
Lol wtf. That sounds like a decent metaphor or image to evoke, like the city is a giant smoking them, but if he wrote that literally he sounds like a fuck up.
>>
File: IMG_0283.jpg (39KB, 200x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0283.jpg
39KB, 200x366px
>>9831176
No thanks. Communism killed russian literature.
>>
>>9832123
He literally did. The story sucked. Some of the stuff was good, and I fondly remembering reading it because it was set in a run-down ex-Soviet shithole where all the protagonists were insects IIRC.

>For example, Nikita and Maxim, a painterdrug dealer and ``conceptual artist,'' share a joint while lamenting the fact that ``bugs'' are crawling into the ``weed'' they smoke only to find that they are bugs inside the joint offered by Sam Sacker to a sultry many-legged beauty named Natasha, who--we later discover--was hatched from one of the eggs laid by Marina, from whom she is estranged.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/victor-pelevin/the-life-of-insects/
>>
>>9832070
Only the most popular Russian author of the last 50 years.

>>9832070
>He will go down as one of the russian greats, no doubt.
No. He steals interesting ideas from serious Russian speculative fiction authors and dumbs them down to the lowbrow "I don't read le genre fiction" audience.

You should just read the (much better) source material instead, unless you're the aforementioned lowbrow pseud.
>>
>>9832130
italian cover is the best
>>
>>9831176
>100% Red Pilled

This is how you get people not to read whatever it is you're championing. I do own one of his books though, The sacred Book of the Werewolf and I've been interested in Omon Ra for a while.
>>
>>9832134
lol
>>
pelevin is brainfucker, Sorokin is russian god
>>
>>9832130
Bulgakov wrote during communism an Solzenytsin as well
>>
>>9833138
I reiterate: Communism killed russian literature. Bulgakov is stephen king tier. Overhyped because of the swill coming out of russia. Solzhenitsyn is literally propagandist trash.
>>
>>9832222
>This is how you get people not to read whatever it is you're championing

This
>>
>>9833156
shut up nerd
>>
>>9833058
Ice Trilogy or Oprichnik, where to start?
>>
>>9833175
t. pleb
commie and post commie lit sucks. get the fuck over it.
>>
>>9833175
>>9833190
epic
>>
ice is softer
>>
>>9831176
Absolutely agreed. The man is a genius.

Some of his books were reprinted with different titles in English - be careful: e.g. The Clay Machine Gun/Buddha's Little Finger. That's a fantastic novel indeed.
>>
>>9833880
seconding this
>>
>>9832130
You are wrong. Bulgakov is good and Pasternak is even better.
>>
>>9831176
Omen Ra is one of my favorite books of all time.
>>
File: Русь.jpg (61KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
Русь.jpg
61KB, 466x640px
>>9833156
Do you have anything to back that up? Or are you just talking out of your ass about your subjective and biased option?
>>
File: Ундервудъ.jpg (169KB, 978x944px) Image search: [Google]
Ундервудъ.jpg
169KB, 978x944px
>>9835507
*Meant to post this pic, sorry. . .
>>
Someone have a link to the amazon for his Pokemon book in English?
>>
>>9832070
literally go on tumblr, m8!
>>
>>9832222
is that the due who wrote omon ra? ah shit i was wrong all this time
>>
>>9832168
>>9832130

the fuck
>>
>>9832130
Have you even read that book?
>>
>>9831176
His books are garbage, Don't waste your time on them. He stole all of his ideas from C. Castaneda and bunch of other writers.
>>
>>9834471
Omon Ra is a great place to start with Pelevin

>>9832079
Non, rien de rien
>>
>>9838840
>Castaneda
that's bollocks, and even if it weren't are you implying Castaneda is a novelist cause I sure as hell won't imply it, I'll say it right out, he was a fraud and a cunt and second-rate writer too to boot.

Viktor P., on the other hand, is a legit member of a Zen school in Korea, actually has some serious practice under his belt, and presumably has no need of the fantasy ramblings of CC's likes anyhow.
>>
>>9832113
I've only read Sacred Book of the Werewolf, but was told it was his best by a fan. I thought it was excellent.
>>
Just read Chapaev and the Void ye cunts
>>
>>9839064
that's The Clay Machine Gun/Buddha's Little Finger in English, dude, but yeah.
>>
>>9832168
Orcodio non si trova su amazon
>>
>>9837004
bumping for this
>>
>>9839134
Is there a reason for the different names?

The Clay Machine Gun is the best one desu
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.