[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>9th grade
>English teacher is Southern gentleman in his late 40s
>very passionate about his job
>has us read To Kill a Mockingbird
>reads one chapter in front of class every day and has us follow along
>makes it very interesting by doing different voice for all the characters and does lots of hand gestures
>get to Chapter 17
>Mr. Ewell giving his testimony in court
>teacher does an exaggerated redneck accent
>"I seen that black nigger yonder ruttin' on my Mayella!" as he points towards the backdoor of the class just as the black vice principal is coming in

>mfw
>>
whoa. deserves comment but i don't know what to say.
buddy of mine taught hs english for about 4 yrs. one day before class (first pd) female co-ed comes in early and says hey mr. x, wanna see my tattoo? Ok. At which she turns, bends over and presents (tramp stamp) just as the asst principal is walking into the room, and promptly turns to walk out.
That's when his troubles began....
>>
File: 74638864.jpg (24KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
74638864.jpg
24KB, 480x200px
>11th grade
>teacher is the kind that tries to adopt teenager jargon in order to be more relatable
>describes Gatsby as 'cringey'
>describes Hamlet as 'emo'
>talks a lot about Ayn Rand
>I write what I actually think in assigned essays, acknowledging that I disagree with most of what he's said in class.
>he pulls me out of class one day to tell me to stop doing that

High school was fun.
>>
>>9832315
Hamlet is undeniably emo. He is wearing all black and not talking to anyone the first time he is introduced
>>
>>9832315
To be fair, Gatsby is super cringey.
>>
>>9832524
When i was in hs emo was actually kind of dangerous. one idea (crassly material) was that the body was a chemical retort there for the experimenting. the idea then was to experience 'everything' by cultivating situations that would lead to certain emotions either in oneself or in others. consequential drama.
does shit like this still go on?
>>
>>9832725
>does shit like this still go on?
Yes. I have a female weeb friend who grew up on emo that still does that shit at age 25.

Good stories anons.
>>
File: 1499673180988.jpg (46KB, 566x562px)
1499673180988.jpg
46KB, 566x562px
>all of high school
>some dude starts reading
>guys in my class look at each other and start grinning
>goal is to skip as much of the reading as he can without the teacher saying anything
>starts skipping words here and there
>nothing happens
>skips lines
>nothing happens
>skips entire paragraphs
>literally ends up reading 1/3 of the words we were supposed to
what the fuck was my teacher on that made her not notice
>>
>>9833256
Geez. The emo irony was of course to cultivate detachment in oneself, so that that face exploding in anger in front of one's own could be viewed as the somewhat 'unreal' demon possession our ancestors thought it was, kind of. Except that the privledged viewer observed its target from the perspective of a scientist. A rather smug (certainly self pleased) scientist.
This crap could lead to murderously funny results, or murderously murderous ones. And few of these kids either drank or used drugs. Weird to think that their parents who no doubt 'partied' when they were in hs (to achieve similar, if sloppier results?) had absolutely NOTHING on these kids who generated all their fun from out of themselves. Heady times, frightening to think about. And the parents of course had NO idea.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.