[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: john-reading-catcher.png (364KB, 585x423px) Image search: [Google]
john-reading-catcher.png
364KB, 585x423px
>I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in popular work by men, from Nicholas Sparks to for instance J. D. Salinger. Catcher in the Rye—although I like it very much—is profoundly and disturbingly misogynistic and yet seems to get a critical pass both online and off. This happens a lot, I think, with books by men, and I don't want male writers (including me!) to get that pass.

Is he right?
>>
THE AGE OF THE MANGINA IS OVER
>>
*writes bj scene between minors*
>>
>>9829684
ever notice how only men in the unemployable majors care about this shit? they cannot attract a woman with their social status, they have none, so they are forced to do this SJW shit to attract pussy.

the sad part is that it wont fucking work either. no woman with let you fuck her because of how hard you fight imaginary misogyny in books. you fucking cuck
>>
>>9829684
Does John Green honestly thinks he's above Sparks? They both write trite romance novels but at least Sparks pretends to write for adults. What a pretentious cockfucker
>>
>>9829699
They're 16-17. That's legal in plenty of states.
>>
>>9829733
it's legal to fuck 16 year olds in the majority of the states.
>>
>>9829684
What does he say is misogynistic about Catcher in the Rye? It's an excursion into its protagonist's head in both its style and content, whatever misogyny one detects would be hard to distill as a malignant influence of the author rather than an attribute of the character, not to say that art has to justify itself through muh flawed protagonist. Art should be as misogynistic or Sadean or anti-semitic or communist as it god damn fucking likes, imps like John Green be damned.
>>
>>9829749
>What does he say is misogynistic about Catcher in the Rye?
The part where Holden rapes his little sister, Phoebe.
>>
>>9829774
:O
>>
>>9829699
>>9829733
>>9829744

is the age really a bigger issue than how poorly it was written?
>>
>>9829705
bugs... go easy on the projection
>>
>>9829889
>Never have I wanted more to be Crest Complete.
BRAVO GREEN
>>
If he's a feminist and is against misogyny, why would he like Catcher in the Rye, if the book is misogynynist?
>>
>>9829941
because he's a coward with no integrity.
>>
>>9829684
Equal attention compared to what? I thought I found the video of this, but he didn't mention this part
>>
File: 1478694649264.gif (3MB, 385x235px) Image search: [Google]
1478694649264.gif
3MB, 385x235px
>>9829749
>Art should be as misogynistic or Sadean or anti-semitic or communist as it god damn fucking likes, imps like John Green be damned.
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CULTURE MUST BE PURIFIED TO MY LIKING
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE THOUGHTS THAT I DISAGREE WITH.
WE MUST ENGINEER OUR ENTIRE CULTURE SO THAT THINGS I DONT LIKE ARE UNTHINKABLE.
YOU ARE THE BAD GUY FOR WANTING FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.
I AM THE GOOD GUY FOR WANTING TOTALITARIANISM.
WOMEN ARE TOO WEAK TO SURVIVE IN A FREE SOCIETY.
WE MUST PROTECT THEM
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.