[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books about scams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: scam.png (31KB, 697x541px) Image search: [Google]
scam.png
31KB, 697x541px
It's a niche subject, but I was wondering if anyone here would be able to provide me with the titles of any books relating to real life scams. Not necessarily things like "The greatest scam ever pulled". I just love reading about little scams people manage to pull off, the consequences of getting caught in them, and potential ways to avoid them (or even pull them off).
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>9829640
Infinite jest is a fucking scam for psueds if you count that!
>>
>>9829640
the recognitions by william gaddis
>>
>>9829640
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/332282.Matchstick_Men
Have only seen the movie but ig its alright
>>
File: portis.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
portis.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
charles portis - masters of atlantis

about a cult leader/scammer, similar to tortilla flat
>>
mitchell zuckoff has a good book called "ponzi's scheme". ponzi's story is kind of hilarious, like proof organized crime isn't always that organized.

frank abignale's book if you didn't get on the catch me if you can train

the hippies have a couple of these. abbie hoffman's steal this book is a how to guide, while emmet grogan's ringolevio is a how i did it guide. both are dated in places, but you could still conceivably rob half of rich new york blind if you don't mind the risk of felony charges with just those two.

jon atack's piece of blue sky got a new filled out edition if you want a thorough guide to scientology.

fraud: the amazing career of doctor savundra, if you can find it.

the golden calf by ilf and petrov if you want fiction.
>>
You might want to consider The Confidence Game by Maria Konnikova. It states some scams and the psychology on why humans fall for scams.
>>
>>9830522
>the golden calf by ilf and petrov
The Twelve Chairs, and this, is actually golden. It's the classic of Russian literature, one of the few that are not pre-soviet. The fact that it's not recommended very often here shows just how shallow /lit/'s knowledge is. But yes, it's fiction so not directly related to the request.
>>
Games Criminals Play is closest to what you're looking for. In terms of fiction, The Magus by John Fowles and Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
>>
Kind of.

Some Extraordinary Popular Delusions, Charles Mackay
>>
File: IMG_2685.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2685.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.