[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books about impotence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: blood on the tracks.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
blood on the tracks.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
I need a book about a man who is hopelessly impotent. Or just anything about the torture of a man who is insatiably in love. A book with the anguish of pic related
>>
The Sun Also Rises kind of.
>>
>>9829263
The Sun Also Rises.
>>
DH Lawrence "Lady Chatterly's Lover". Late stage TB causes incredible feverish lust, but also impotence. DH couldn't get it up unless his wife did anal. In a letter he called her "my little shitbag"; the dude was absolutely overwrought with lust and love. One of the most under appreciated writers in the language.
>>
>>9829276
Kind of? It's pretty much the plot.
>>
File: theloser.jpg (17KB, 258x400px) Image search: [Google]
theloser.jpg
17KB, 258x400px
>>9829263
The Loser by Thomas Bernhard
Two main characters, one is the narrator, discover a piano prodigy while training to become piano masters at Julliard. They both drop out, both "hopelessly impotent" compared to the prodigy, but they handle it in very different ways. Worthwhile read, if you can get past the way it's written
>>
>>9829285
Maybe currently under appreciated. You ever read Annaise Nin?
>>
>>9829286
It's been a while, but I don't remember him being "insatiably in love."
>>
>>9829292
Haven't gotten around to it. Where should I start?
>>
>>9829300
He balls his eyes out while she gets fucked by a matador. He's actually impotent.
>>
>>9829304
Depends. She wrote about DH Lawrence though. I'd recommend her first diary without the censored parts. But then I like to read historical diary's anyway.
>>
>>9829308
>>9829285
I wasn't referring to 'impotent' in the definition of literally not being able to have sex. By impotent I was referring to a helplessness, a weakness of the will. An inability to turn thought into action.
>>
>>9829321
Hahaha. Well my unfinished novel, but it's more of a conceptual piece, and, overwhelmingly fitting to the subject at hand, I do say. Yes, I do say, though not enough, hahaha, never enough.
>>
>>9829286
He's not impotent; he's just missing his weinee is all.
>>
>>9829263
My diary desu.
>>
>>9829337
You'd have to pull up some quotes on that for me to believe he has no dick rather then he's impotent.
>>
>>9829321
ya i mean it's both. I don't think he's literally impotent, the opening scene of the sun also rises he gets part of his peepee blown off, so there isn't much to get hard (i do, however, remember him saying he can get "half hard" but he can't have sex). Also, he is figuratively "impotent". The main character constantly envies virile men who pass the object of his affections around to their buddies.
>>
>>9829337
Oh and please don't. I don't actually care.
>>
>>9829355
Wow it's been too long since I read that book. Now I do care.
>>
>>9829289
but it's written wonderfully! rant for about three or four hours and done. Bernhard is certainly far better than Gene Wolfe.
>>
>>9829337
>>9829352

When Bill says suggests impotence he replies "no I'm not, it was an accident" oslt. He also looks at himself in the mirror and says "ridiculous place for a war wound".
>>
>>9829357
k. it's rather obliquely presented, and i don't feel like looking it up, but the consensus among the crits - i never made a study of it, but i've never seen it disputed, either, for whatever that's worth - is that his dick was blown off but not his balls.

>>9829355
>"half hard"
r u fucking kidding, nigger* -- no! those words are not in the book.

*i assume you are.
>>
The Sorrows of Young Werther, duh.
>>
House of the Sleeping Beauties
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.