[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I live without working?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Cormac_McCarthy.jpg (28KB, 948x944px) Image search: [Google]
Cormac_McCarthy.jpg
28KB, 948x944px
How do I live without working?
>>
sucking?
>>
>>9829095
it's easier to work without living
>>
>>9829098
Of course, it is. Why doesn't this dude release a manual on this shit?
>>
>>9829095
work hard at not working... have you not watched the greatest (worst) interview of all time?
>>
>>9829123
I did. That advice is too vague. Did he just make his wife work. Is he just too embarrassed to admit this?
>>
>>9829095
>be born into an wealthy family
>enjoy your work to the point that you don't view it as work, per se
>>
>>9829131
He probably saved up money from working, then loved off that in poverty while writing his first book. Or wrote it while working. After that, he kept getting a bunch of fellowships/grants, and that plus his early book sales was probably enough to continue living in poverty.
>>
bet on sports and trade stocks and be a lucky son of a gun
>>
>>9829095

>tfw trying to get a job
>got an interview
>went well
>email rejection
>other places don't even bother

I want to write but I don't want to freelance for $5 a novel. I actually just want to die, honestly.
>>
Work night security. I'm literally at work now and it is hardly work. I'm alone, no one checks in on me and I don't have to check in with anyone. Last night I read Brothers K for 6 hours and shitposted and watched junk the rest of the time. Tonight I'm going to read just as much, post, and make some music on my laptop. All while sitting outdoors and getting some fresh air, and more importantly getting paid. Will it make me rich? No. Never. But I literally choose to do what I want all night and don't deal with any shitty customers or coworkers.
>>
>>9829275
Qualifications? Specific places to work that are more lenient?
>>
>>9829275
jobs like this are so underrated because it forced you to be productive, like i have a job that sometimes has a lot of downtime, and if it's just a little slow i read bullshit tech news or longer form political crap like the atlantic or some other liberal rags, but then if it's really fucking dead i whip out a book and just read for hours, the thing that makes it so good is that you're at work and theoretically someone could come in and need help, so you can't totally fuck off like smoke weed or go to bed, and you can't do anything really fucked up like play videogames or jackoff, so basically you have no choice but to read, and sure at first you read light op-ed type craps, but then as the time goes on your mind gets hungry as it gets more and more silent and deserted, till you finally break out the heavy lit and get into it, those kind of jobs are priceless not just because you get paid for basically nothing, but because it forces you to read/learn on the downtime, rather than fappit or whatever if you were at home
>>
>>9829313
Your state will have a qualification that you have to do before applying. It's basically an online test that you can google the answers to and then a basic background check. You can do it all in an hour or two. If you're white you can apply at five different companies and expect to get calls back from at minimum 4 of them. I have never applied to a security job and not gotten an offer.
If your goal is to slack off like I do I would advise against becoming an armed guard. Armed officers are under much more accountability and have more high profile job sites where you actually have to work. I simply chose not to get my gun permit and so I'm not eligible for any armed positions. Also ask questions at the interview, there is a lot of turn over so they need you more than you need them. I've worked at sites by mysel and with teams, I've been able to fuck around on all of them. But the ones where I'm alone have been the absolute best and I have always been able to do close to no actual work while appearing like a great officer. It's very easy.
>>
>>9829315
Agree on all accounts. But the reason I love security is because I have been able to do those things you shouldn't be able to:
I had a job out in the middle of nowhere where my entire purpose of being there was to guard an empty set of houses. It was 12 hours a day 4 days a week and those 12 hours I often literally slept 8 hours, jacked off daily, could have easily played games if I wanted. I essentially had free reign of the place for 12 hours a day. Unfortunately that contract ended but over a year later I'm still with the company and they were very happy with my performance there.
>>
>>9829365
I remember I had a friend who did this a long time ago. He finished A Song of Ice and Fire in less than a week and I was so jealous at the time. Thanks for reminding me of my dream job. I don't give a shit how much I make, I'd love to be able to read all day and get paid for it.
>>
>>9829365
this is why we need robots to do these jobs
>>
>>9829365
This fills with me with such boundless hope for my future.

By the way. Plane ticket to third world places aren't expensive, and living costs once you get there can be minimal. Posing as a travel writer gets you laid and fed well too. I use to swim in fine hotels that I couldn't afford, just because I looked like I could, and no one would ask. Plus backpacker trails have great book stores. Get the fuck out of the country after you get some cash together and go read some books, visit library, and learn to pretend to be a writer so you get laid.

Life is good.
>>
>>9829365
>>9829315
I think the downside of these jobs are money. I should be retired by the time I'm 35, have money to own my own place and be able to take long overseas holidays, and that's because I have a good paying job, no kids, and I'm good at saving. This would be impossible working security. I think they are good jobs to do for a couple of years but they can also be a trap because they are so easy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.