[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best book of the Bible, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: bible.jpg (520KB, 1168x876px) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
520KB, 1168x876px
What is the best book of the Bible, and why?
>>
>>9828659
Job. Because 'lol god was impotent and has lost all control and everything is chaos'
>>
Proverbs. Because it talks about forgiveness and stuff
>>
>>9828659
Ecclesiastes, because it starts off by saying everything is meaningless and nothing is new under the Sun, which immediately gives me divinely inspired sanction to rip the whole book apart and burn it.

Also,

Ecclesiastes 1:18 is some real shit.
>>
>>9828707
I agree on Ecclesiastes, but I actually like the message it gives. It is meant to supply hope and purpose where life is, in and of itself, meaningless. The distinction between "meaning" and "purpose" being that meaning implies inherent value, whereas purpose is just a reason for doing things. The writer sees that despite all his wisdom and striving, the world around him remains unchanged, full of injustice and evil, but he also sees examples of action that leave such an impression upon him that he recommends them to the audience. It's the paradox every man that chases wisdom eventually encounters. Everyone will listen to your proverbs and advice and tell you that your are indeed wise, but they won't follow any of it. You probably won't even follow most of your own wisdom yourself. So why bother? The author follows the trail down that philosophical rabbit hole to its conclusion in reality, where actions happen and things matter. He encourages people to enjoy their lives, to honor God, and pursue their business because although they might be "meaningless", they are what we remember in our old age.

It basically boils down to, "Put the book down and go outside." I think that's a message most scholars and wisdom-seekers can appreciate.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.