[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most poignant lines in literature- share what you think qualifies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: sad_face_painting_by_amberspike.jpg (267KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sad_face_painting_by_amberspike.jpg
267KB, 900x1200px
Most poignant lines in literature- share what you think qualifies
>>
>>9825166
fuck off faggot. literature isn't good in little self-help faggy quotes. it's about the work as a whole. fuck any fag who posts in this thread
>>
File: 1498291808607.jpg (48KB, 447x589px) Image search: [Google]
1498291808607.jpg
48KB, 447x589px
>>9825166
>“Do you know, I am filled with a strange uplift; I feel as if all time were echoing through me, as though all powers were mine. I know truth, divine good from evil, right from wrong. My vision is clear and far. I could almost believe in God. But,” and his voice changed and the light went out of his face,—“what is this condition in which I find myself? this joy of living? this exultation of life? this inspiration, I may well call it? It is what comes when there is nothing wrong with one’s digestion, when his stomach is in trim and his appetite has an edge, and all goes well. It is the bribe for living, the champagne of the blood, the effervescence of the ferment—that makes some men think holy thoughts, and other men to see God or to create him when they cannot see him. That is all, the drunkenness of life, the stirring and crawling of the yeast, the babbling of the life that is insane with consciousness that it is alive. And—bah! To-morrow I shall pay for it as the drunkard pays. And I shall know that I must die, at sea most likely, cease crawling of myself to be all a-crawl with the corruption of the sea; to be fed upon, to be carrion, to yield up all the strength and movement of my muscles that it may become strength and movement in fin and scale and the guts of fishes. Bah! And bah! again. The champagne is already flat. The sparkle and bubble has gone out and it is a tasteless drink.”
>>
File: 1498933121031.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498933121031.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>9825166
>fuck any fag who posts in this thread
>>
"P.S. please if you get a chanse put some flowrs on Algernons grave in the bak yard."
>>
>>9825166
Why don't you start?
>>
>>9825171
lol ur a fag
>>
>His listeners held their cigarettes poised to hear, their smokes ascending in frail stalks that flowered with his speech.
>>
>The jagged mountains were pure blue in the dawn and everywhere birds twittered and the sun when it rose caught the moon in the west so that they lay opposed to each other across the earth, the sun whitehot and the moon a pale replica, as if they were the ends of a common bore beyond whose terminals burned worlds past all reckoning.
>>
>>9825166

>This chapter is optional. But since you've read it you've read it.
>>
>>9825166
Jesus wept.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160114-180758.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160114-180758.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>9825184
Good post
>pic related. it's how the truth feels.
>>
>>9825192

god bles
>>
File: 5635634345765.jpg (133KB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
5635634345765.jpg
133KB, 960x408px
>It's a beastly thing and nothing else
>>
adam didn't love eve because she was beautiful, she was beautiful because he loved her
>>
>>9825287
where is this from?
>>
>>9825290
pretty sure i heard it in an audiobook on augustine, can't remember anything about the context tho, could be basically anyone in the western canon t b h
>>
>>9825310
hmmmm I think this is a line from Paradise Lost
>>
>>9825332
that's possible, the author was talked about how augustine influenced calvinists with his writing about predestination, so it could be from that part
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.