[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steppenwolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 826311.jpg (33KB, 275x449px) Image search: [Google]
826311.jpg
33KB, 275x449px
Holy shit. I just read this for the first time a month ago and holy christ. The first half was a bit too self depreciating, but this may be one of the most relatable and beautiful books I've ever read. That finale was so surreal and gorgeously described. I thought a lot of it would be lost in translation, and maybe some of it was. But christ what a good book.
>>
>>9823380
the finale is indeed awesome (fucking mozart tho)
I read it in german, and I remember reading some sections of the book and thinking "good luck translating this" (he works f.e. with old german lulaby/children rhymes etc, which wouldnt be familiar to non-germans, but are instantly recognized by virtually every german) but I'm glad you still liked it, always nice to know that Hesse's art can be enjoyed no matter where you from
>>
>>9823460
Is Siddhartha worth picking up as well?
>>
>>9823380
literally 4chan: the book
>>
>>9823498
yes
>>
>>9823380
now go for Das Glasperlenspiel
>>
>>9823380
>>9823609
Read Demian and then Narcissus & Goldmund before Magister Ludi.
>>
tfw you will never BE Goethe
>>
>>9823498
no.
It is disappointing compared to Steppenwolf.
Very different.
>>9823806
>Narcissus & Goldmund
I enjoyed that book very much.
And even without knowing that Siddhartha came out 1 year after he finished NarziƟ und Goldmund you can definetly see similarities between the two (imo).
>>
>>9823498
No, not worth - too eastern spiritualistic with nothing much else. That being said Steppenwolf is amazing
>>
>>9823380
This book was fantastic.
I recommend you to search for 'yearning berlin jazz' on youtube. To be honest I've expected quite different music
>>
>>9824115
Man, what a time to be alive. That's some cool shit.
>>
>>9823380
You must be 18 years or older to post here.
>>
>>9823380
So what was the point of this book? Just wait for a magical pixie dream girl to fix your shit up?
>>
>>9824659
Nah. I took the point to mean that things just continue, regardless of what you do. You are who you are and you either fight to be something or you give in and become another lost soul.
People can't save each other.
>>
>>9824507
I'm an old man compared to most of you. I just generally don't like reading translated books, as I always imagine I'm really missing out on the original prose and author intent.
>>
Watch me write the most relatable two words of all time.
I'm alive.
Praise please.
>>
>>9824823
Shit prose
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.