[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insectoids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

How would I go about describing insect like people? More insect than not but insect enough to allow them their unique characteristics.

I'm having an especially hard time now as I'm trying to write in a group of cricket children. I imagine, in my head, that they'll have a basic human stature but very insect like in between.

The one kicker I feel like I'm facing is that the MC is also an insect, so it's not like he's go into any sort of disgusted detail of what these children or people surrounding would look like.

If you have any other ideas for insect people that would be great. The MC is a moth, his expositionary companion is a worm, later they meet a beetle. I need a few enemies down the line but I can't think of any insects off the top of my mind. Spiders seem too obvious to make enemies.
>>
>>9823178
Sorry, meant to say more human than not but insect enough to give them their unique characteristics
>>
You must imagine the insectoid is actually just that. In my head I see a fidgety, quick to speak, one track minded being. And that's me imagining a fly or mosquito. If you were imagining a caterpillar, I'd see a gluttonous, selfish, unquenchable being. Make the insect qualities basic human qualities that overlap.
>>
>>9823178
i could post some description of the Spree from the Subgenius novel "Eyelash", but you'd just steal them.

go read some Jack Vance. "planet of adventure" has a couple of insectoid-humanoid races. Jack Vance had a thing for humanoids with insect faces.
>>
>>9823178
here's one for you: expansionist communist ants

Once, the ants were organized into script hierarchies, the queen at the top with her ever-loyal corps of soldiers to make sure the lowly drones kept in line. Then, one day, at a far off nest, one of the drones suddenly wondered why they needed a queen. And he thought, and thought, and couldn't find an answer. He asked his friend, who also thought but couldn't find an answer. It wasn't long before this new way of thinking swept across all the colonies of the world, as the drones slaughtered the soldiers and held their queens captive. Knowing that the queens are the only way their race can continue, they keep them lobotomized and sedated as breeding slaves. The drones themselves have constructed a perfectly organized society, free of class and prejudice, or so their propaganda says. Lately, their leaders have become dissatisfied and have begun making plans to depose other queens in other lands, until all insectkind comes under their banner...
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.