[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does he always has to be so pessimistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Cioran_in_Romania.jpg (83KB, 626x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cioran_in_Romania.jpg
83KB, 626x800px
Why does he always has to be so pessimistic?
>>
>>9823092
Because he was a retard lmao
>>
>>9823092
He didn't have to, he just enjoyed it.
>>
What should I read before reading his works?
>>
Pessimism is an accurate stance towards the reality we find ourselves in and he didn't want to delude himself or others by being "optimistic" in his works.
>>
>>9823092
Take a look at this map of our place in existence and tell me at what point it appears like a pleasant place to be
>>
>>9823092
Because writing was his lightning rod for despair.
>>
>>9823205
Vega is much shitter desu.
>>
>>9823187
Such a beta way to live life lmao. Resolve and strength of conviction in God and Beauty is the only way to exist you fucking black coffee drinking faggots
>>
>>9823092
eraserhead looking ass
>>
File: 271cf981e463b1e251703fa231ac14a9.jpg (122KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
271cf981e463b1e251703fa231ac14a9.jpg
122KB, 1024x778px
>>9823308
Thats basically what Cioran did. You have to remember he was living deep in mid-twenthieth century France when homo-pedophilic degenerates were leading academia. He was the one major writer advocating a lifestyle of monogomous affection and puritan solitude
>>
>>9823319
He championed despair and revelled in misery. There's nothing insightful or beneficial about that way of life and to promote it is an affront to the beauty of existence
>>
>>9823308
From another thread, from another philosopher:
>“He criticized Christianity, but his objections were not so much intellectual as moral and aesthetic: he attacked the Christian religion because of its impact on the quality of life. Devaluing the natural world for the sake of a spiritual realm, Christianity could not be other than hostile to happiness: ‘man’, Leopardi wrote, ‘was happier before Christianity than after it.”
>>
>>9823335
You must be at least 18 to use 4chan.
>>
Wat shdd i readddr to to hmderstand his worksssssw???
I wana rread Heights of Despair
>>
>>9823092
CHOCOLATE MAKES YOU HAPPY
>>
>>9823398
How did you know?
I only approve of dark chocolate however
>>
>>9823378

He's right, though. I get so sick of people on this board who see cynicism as some kind of challenge. It's being positive and advocating meaning in life that's the REAL challenge. I bet most people over 25 who aren't NEETs understand that. 4chan would be so much better if all the misanthropic college kids without gfs would just fuck off back to /v/.

And I mean that in the most pleasant way possible. Have a nice day.
>>
>>9823335
>beauty of existence
My little anon cannot be this disconnected from reality.
>>
Because he was in a David Lynch film
>>
>>9823405
>I bet most people over 25 who aren't NEETs understand that

You mean wageslaving normiecucks who had to malform their awareness of reality in order to survive the mental drudgery of working life?
>>
just heard about that woman who pays drug addicts to get sterilized. Cioran must be smiling from beyond the grave.
>>
>>9823678
He'd smile even broader if she expanded the offer to everyone else.
>>
>>9823826
oh absolutely, but I got a kick out of antinatalism getting propagated on a practical level by a suburban mom handing out cash.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.