[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for a guy looking to study journalism in the near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 5cec5d8ee0901278e1c98ae5937afda1.jpg (331KB, 1000x1007px) Image search: [Google]
5cec5d8ee0901278e1c98ae5937afda1.jpg
331KB, 1000x1007px
Any advice for a guy looking to study journalism in the near future?
What's it like to be able to set various perception changing information free to the public?
>>
>>9823074
Get a real job?
Unless you want to be a political shill, you're wasting your time and money on journalism.
>>
>>9823124
Good thing you really looked into the field before making this comment...elsewise you might be believed to be wearing your pants on your head.
>>
Make sure you choose a university that is well connected in a major city. Don't bother going to third rate college, because a Journalism degree with be only as valuable as the internship and connections you get from it.
>>
>>9823074
>journalism degree
no offense but that's pretty stupid. You might as well start an online blog and be a freelance journalist. Literally no education required.
>>
>>9823185
This is a bit harsh but you're right. I was going for journalism and when I found the discrepancy between what they taught and the sad reality of what's being published, I changed my major.
>>
>Any advice for a guy looking to study journalism in the near future?

I knew somebody that fell for this meme, he worked at a grocery store with me, repeatedly bemoaned to me how much of an idiot he was, and went back to school to work with computers, and went into a career in that.

If you're asking here you shouldn't study it. Unless you are seriously connected to the field it is going to be a slog to get anywhere. Only consider it if you are willing to live a life of poverty potentially getting nowhere for a shot at becoming a journo.

Journalists these days are also stooping lower and lower for revenue. Less in depth investigative reporting into corrupt organisations, more '''''reporting''''' on the latest things people said on twitter.
>>
Also really, this guy is completely right

>>9823192

As much as it pains me to even say this, look at where people like /pol/lacks get their news. They get it from youtube celebrities and professional clickbait bloggers. This is the future, and journalism courses really haven't changed with the times. The few successful "Journalists" there are these days are people that are adapting with a rapidly changing media.
Lauren Southern is infinitely more successful than an average Journalism student and she essentially went straight out of high school to doing youtubing and pandering to conservatives while doing virtually nothing they teach you in journalism school. I remember the first time I saw Southern, she crashed the SlutWalk protest and got this beautiful shot of her holding a sign behind this freak

https://youtu.be/klY0ncRexaI?t=2m24s

That's how you make it these days, you produce viral clickbait content, or you know people in the field.

I really cannot emphasise how much of a waste of your time and money studying journalism in school is. You're learning about how to operate in a dying field with lessons obsolete before you even start the courses.
>>
File: chicken-tendies.jpg (100KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
chicken-tendies.jpg
100KB, 325x244px
>>9823074
Not trying to be mean here but please do not go into journalism. I've know quite a couple people who went into it and only one made out ok because she was already rich to begin with. Unless you are ridiculously wealthy from the get go or have amazing connections, journalism will not work out.

Ps also journalism is a dying field. No place wants to pay for journalist when everyone gets their news from bullshit like buzzfeed and infowars
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.