[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean "We need to put humans into zoos"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

What did he mean "We need to put humans into zoos"?
>>
Because the tiger is out
>>
>>9822228
you've misheard him, he actually said "we need to offer humans up to zeus". sloterdijk is a well known advocate of polytheistic human sacrifice.
>>
>>9822228
Maybe he meant what is portrayed in the new German propaganda film, "Arian Reservation".
>>9822288
This is a good idea too. I say we sacrifice the bronies on Mount Olympus followed by the weebs.
>>
>>9822237
yes
>>
>>9822560
YES
>>
None of these answers are really satisfying. I am pretty sure he said something about a human zoo
>>
>>9822228
Wasn't it more of a critique of the contemporary state as a human zoo? Like the zeitgeist making us docile self-domesticated livestock?

That's what I gathered when the public discussion of his work "Regeln für den Menschenpark" hit in Germany. I was in-mid puberty back then though and didn't care much. I haven't even read him.
>>
>>9822228
Fucking finally someone read Sloterdijk. He is also Zizek's friend.

>This century is going to be the conservative century

Holy crap he is right. Prepare for the neo-luddites.
>>
plz don't turn Sloterdijk into a meme he is one of the more interesting contemporary philosophers and people should read him without a bunch of ironic and condescending filters turned on
>>
>>9822966
So is he actually worth reading? I looked at amazon and was ready to read him and meme about him but I guess I'll stick to using wikipedia to meme him as many reviewers say he writes in extreme verbose language that is hard to decypher
>>
>>9822228
Watch Jurassic Part beforehand.
>>
I wish this guy would communicate his ideas better, some of it is typical continental crap but there's also some interesting stuff
>>
>>9823430
Maybe it has to do with bad translation, I can understand him better in English
>>
>>9822966
but the meme will spread his name, which would be good
I can't find any of his stuff in english online
>>
>>9823430
I feel the same.way
>generation of "the bastard" etc
He's fond of those idiotic continental phrases
>>
>>9823705

What do you find 'idiotic' about that expression?

>>9823693

http://rekveld.home.xs4all.nl/tech/Sloterdijk_RulesForTheHumanZoo.pdf

That is the article the OP is alluding to.
>>
>>9823734
>What do you find 'idiotic' about that expression?
His idiosyncratic use of it.
>>
redpill me on Spheres
>>
>>9823741

Isn't it 'schrecklichen Kinder', not actually 'Bastard'? Seems like a translator choice rather than Sloterdijk's own.
>>
>>9823693
You can take a look at goodreads, it has some quotes so you get a picture of his ideas
>>
>>9823780
'schrecklichen Kinder' translates to something like horrifying children
>>
>>9823741

And in any case, I would think novelty of expression would be a positive attribute of a philosopher. Breaking down conventional thinking and all that, rather than allowing the language to dictate the possibilities of our thought and imagination.
>>
>>9823790

I know. The title of his book, which is what I think is being referred to, is Die schrecklichen Kinder der Neuzeit
>>
>>9823797
For me, another anon, it is not neologisms (new words) that put me of, it was the writing. Nassim Taleb for example also goes heavy on the neologisms, but writes it in a more accessible style. I read it in Dutch so it might have been the translation.

And maybe Sloterdijk does it on purpose, as a rites of passage. From what I gathered about him he seems to be somewhat of an elitist, and perhaps he puts that in practice. But that's pure speculation and could be very wrong.

As I said above in another comment I understand him better in English.
>>
>>9822228
What do you think he meant OP?
>>
Humans tend to become weak and feminine without natural selection. That's why we see so many leftists and numales these days. We need to let the weak die while we laugh at them, like animals in a zoo.
>>
>>9823734
> citizens. Sloterdijk thus follows
Nietzsche and Heidegger in portraying humanism as one side in a ``constant battle ...between
bestializing and taming tendencies''. It is in the Hobbesian state of nature that humans are
`wolves' to each other; but who turns the wolves into friendly, loyal dogs? Humanism has claimed,
according to Sloterdijk, that it is ``reading the right books'' which ``calms the inner beast''. It is the
great books, the ``thick letters'' from one great thinker to another, that provide the ``model presented
by the wise'', which enables ``the care of man by
What an homo
>>
>>9825176

>literally just suggesting we could stand to read more
>lol fag

/lit/.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.