[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't the Enlightenment thinkers, skeptics and ESPECIALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: philosophy.jpg (17KB, 480x360px)
philosophy.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Why can't the Enlightenment thinkers, skeptics and ESPECIALLY the analytics into wisdom? They seem to lack the faculty for grasping it, deeper and greater as you go from Enlightenment to the analytics. Nietzsche is all "poetry" to them, because he leaves no "evidence" behind for what he asserts, even though to everyone else what he says is very much self-evident, because everyone else has a sense of what wisdom is and can see where he is coming from.

The same thing is happening with Jordan Peterson right now, it seems. He is not a very original man, but he is a good speaker and he is clearly wise. But people on Youtube and on here seem to disregard everything he says because it is lacking evidence. They seem to disregard mythic archetypes as having no meaningfulness whatsoever. What causes a person to have no concept of what wisdom is like that?
>>
They didnt start with the Greeks.
>>
They can barely sort through finding a basis for arithmetic. Will be a while before they get to wisdom.
>>
I'm becoming more and more convinced that you have to be on the spectrum to be an atheist past a certain age, roughly around 25-30 years old. If this is true it would explain so much.
>>
>>9820298
Are you sure you're not spectrum? Hang on. Am I on the spectrum? Is the universe just one giant spectrum!?

If god exists he's definately on the spectrum.
>>
>>9820329

Exhibit A
>>
OP can't into phronesis and is therefore going to die a pleb
>>
>>9820350
Ha. Got me good pal. Maybe the lord will grow a pair of knockers and nosh you off.
>>
>>9820359
What exactly is phronetic about the analytics?
>>
>>9820376
Where did I mention the analytic philosophers in my post?
>>
>>9820364

I wasn't trying to "get you" so I don't know what your talking about. Why do you act like this? I'm genuinely interested. Are you actually enertained by presumably acting retarded?
>>
>>9820378
You're not talking about the Enlightenment thinkers or skeptics, it would make no sense then. They were already acknowledged as not being as bad as the analytics.
>>
>>9820190
Yeah, Nietzsche is totally like Peterson. Sure.
>>
>>9820298
Autism or early life daddy-trauma can do it.
>>
This seems to be a common trend among most people who delve deep into literature in general without partaking in the real world.

I enjoy reading and I enjoy philosophy.

I also grew up a poor immigrant in a rough city who's parents survived communism and I've molded myself into something of a self made man.

One of my good friends grew up in the burbs, brilliant motherfucker who can quote any line in any book off the top of his head. He thinks life is about how many philosophical lines you know and their deep meanings and partying, fucking, and just learning more about philosophy and science.

He complicates life lessons and meanings.
I was forced to accept them.

I imagine philosophers of any age follow the same pattern as my dear buddy.
>>
Nietzsche mentions this in his autopsy of socrates: logic as a tool vs logic as an end or, what leads us to the end of discovery. Analytics, excluding actual thinkers like Peirce, are people who use logic to justify positions they had already arrived at without it.
In rating logic so highly, they also leave themselves open to anyone who feels like knocking the axioms out from under their feet, ie sjws who rightly (in a logical sense) propound that gender is only a spectrum, that the terms "he" and "she" cannot possibly comprehend the entire spectrum of physical and mental states. The entire anglo-analytic was defenseless to their logic, but a nietzsche would simply point out there is something much deeper to being a man or a woman.

Don't know if this makes sense, I can clarify it
>>
>>9820298
You must not live in a city. Most of the atheists I know are highly educated, socially active people. That's a silly view you have.
>>
>>9820968
bootyblasted atheist
>>
>>9820190
>russell
Why is he on that picture? He was a great logician, not a philosopher.
>>
>>9820816

Does he also leisurely fuck you in the butt?
>>
>>9820190
I imagine it's just a result of being in their time, at least for the Enlightenment philosophers.

Consider all the prominent theories that were debunked over a short period of time: Galen's understanding of medicine, geocentrism, aristolean ideas of science etc.

They were in a time where a large amount of ideas and theories once considered self-evident and just being true in a deeper level were utterly disproven on closer analysis - something which probably prompted the intellectuals of the time to start rigorously looking for evidence and logically sound theories over things that just 'seem right'.
>>
>>9821030
Not an atheist and he's still right. Atheism is the dominant cultural force and most normal well-adjusted people are atheists, because they haven't really thought about it

The people who make their atheism a central aspect of their personality are, yes, generally p. autistic and reddit-ish too, but your average runofthemill atheist who doesn't make a big deal out of it isn't necessarily autistic at all
>>
>>9820298
What kind of lack of exposure to people in the real world would someone need to actually believe something like this?
>>
>>9820190
First of all you should cons-

>Jordan Peterson
Fuck it, any word would be wasted on you.
>>
>>9820829
Pretty solid.
>>
>>9820829
Is virtue the opposite of logic? Did Plato discuss this at all in his Republic. I know he declared you can't teach a man virtue, but what about the opposite of virtue?
>>
File: zizek.gif (44KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.gif
44KB, 350x263px
>>9820190
wishdom ish pagan
>>
>>9821776
Jokes on you.
LOTR is a Catholic book, which is the foundation of the fantasy genre. Tolkien was a devout Christian and based his story on the classic Christian motiff of corruption (the ring) and forgiveness (Frodo), whic was wraped in Nordic and folklorian myth. The father of the genre inspired Harry Potter, WoW and GoT. The most popular stories of the 21st century are all based on Christianity.

>muh atheisum
>muh anti deism
>reads fantasy

Everyone are stupid shits, though, that have no idea what the reasons are, for why they're interested in anything, so they'll rave and rage against the things they most love. Dumb fucks.
>>
>>9821926
The Bible was a great influence, but only in an aesthetical sense. Tolkien openky rejected these sorts of analyses as inherently false. He was only concerned with world-building.
>>
>>9820418
I think you need to lighten up a bit my buddy boy
>>
>>9820190
Because they're pseudo-skeptics. They claim to be skeptical of everything yet they trust their own senses and rationality to tell them everything.
>>
>>9820298
Holding irrational opinions like atheism or semitic monotheism doesn't make one autistic, Anon, just not very bright.
>>
Of course being an autistic analytics "limits" you.

But it's not like these continentals are discovering superpowers or talking to Jesus. They talk bullshit and seemingly haven't surpassed money grubbing, attention whoring, or all the other human vices.
>>
>>9821926
This has nothing to do with the original assertion that atheists tend to be autistic. Also the fantasy genre isn't the end all be all of modem expression. More people watch sports than GoT.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.